Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Pike Co IL

Old 01-14-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Pike Co IL

Any info on Hadley Creek Outfitters?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pike Co IL

ORIGINAL: trav2274

Any info on Hadley Creek Outfitters?
Yep, Hadley Creek is a BIG operation with mucho prime property. They have tons of foodplots, tons of treestands, and to the best of my knowledge they have an EXCELLENT reputation.

I am an outfitter in Pike county, and I do not recall EVER hearing anything but good stuff from a Hadley Creek client.

If I did not have my own ground, I might book with them myself.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:31 PM

I was born & raised in Pike County. Have lived here my entire life minus a 4 year stint in the Army.I personally know Stacey. He runs a good operation. They have tons of ground. Good ground also. They hunt hundreds of people a year. He has nice lodges. I think he probably is the biggest outfitter in Pike County as far as # of acres leased & # of hunters. As many people as they hunt you are going to have some unhappy hunters. I have talked to some guys &have seen a few posts on the internetthat weren't happy with their hunt with them. But I would guess that 99 % of his hunters liked their hunt. I used to outfit, I got out of it for several reasons. Took way to much of my time, that really cut into my hunting & lease prices are sky high. My brother still runs it & I help him every now & then. Anyway I think Stacey runs a great operation. I don't think you would be disappointed in hunting with Hadley Creek. He has leased a lot of the ground that I used to be able to hunt. He has some great hunting ground. I'm not a fan of a couple of his guides but thats another issue. I think that last published he had around 25,000 acres leased, I would say that he is at 30,000+ now. He probably is one of the most expensive outfitters around here. Again I have nothing but good things to say about Hadley Creek & think you would be happy hunting with them.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:35 PM

Hey Big Country. How have you been. I haven't been on hunting bbs much for a long time. How are things going ? OK I hope. You still doing some hunts down in the bottoms?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brownie65

Hey Big Country. How have you been. I haven't been on hunting bbs much for a long time. How are things going ? OK I hope. You still doing some hunts down in the bottoms?
Hi Brownie, yep, doing good. Still running my little outfit down around Pleasant Hill and Nebo.

Hows things up your way?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

I dont know anything about Hadley Creek but I would check them out good. If you go to www.bowsite.com and search Hadley Creek theres some comments on them there.

Also if you go here
http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3
And search Hadley Creek you will get all kinds of reviews to read.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Big Country - Do you know Lewis Davis (Davis Oakridge Farms?) ? Is his operation still up and running? I recall him leasing a pretty good amount of property in both IL and across the river. My cousin lives in Kinderhook.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Typical Buck

I buddy of mine, sent in for a IL tag, didnt get it, and Hadley didnt refund his deposit for his hunt.........

Big deer anywhere in IL...
Old 01-17-2007, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Big Country - Do you know Lewis Davis (Davis Oakridge Farms?) ? Is his operation still up and running? I recall him leasing a pretty good amount of property in both IL and across the river. My cousin lives in Kinderhook.
I am afraid that I do not recall that name.

Kinderhook is about 20-25 minutes north of me.......some BIG deer up there.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

I buddy of mine, sent in for a IL tag, didnt get it, and Hadley didnt refund his deposit for his hunt.........

Big deer anywhere in IL...
Unfortunately, I gotta side with Hadley Crrek on this one, here is why.............

NR Archery tags did NOT sell out the first go around last year, and they have not yet come remotely close to reaching the Outfitter drawing quota.

That leaves two possibilities that I can come up with......

1. Your buddy simply forgot to apply before the deadline, or he would have gotten a tag.

2. Credit card did not work...for whatever reason.

While Hadley Creek Outfitters is WAY bigger than my little operation, I have no doubt they don`t like to throw money away.

I warn each and every one of my clients that IF they forget to get their tags(which would be tough because I bug them until they enter the lottery) that not only will they NOT get their 50% deposit back, but I still expect the remaining 50%!!

By the time someone realizes that they missed their chance at a tag, it is too late for anyone elseto get a tag either. That means that in this case, Hadley Creek had to eat a spot that they could have filled 100 times over.

Quick Reply: Pike Co IL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.