Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 MN. hunting question >

MN. hunting question

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MN. hunting question

Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MN. hunting question

The statement referred to that there is a Hmong "problem".

I joked back because ignorance is not needed in the hunting community.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:10 PM

I hunt strictly in mn. I think the majority of the hunters here are ok, but we do have our share of bad ones. I do think however, u can find bad ones everywhere.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

I live in Northern Minnesota. This year the ultimate bad thing was done on MY property. Ihad a couple guys walk down my trail and one decided to take a s*** right in the middle ofMY 4 wheeler trail. I followed their tracks back to their cabin. Later in the day I tooka shovel and placed his pile of s*** right on their deck. It's ironic that they're from Wisconsin. But the Illinois infestation in the Minnesota woods is the worst.

Packers Suck!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

I currently live in MN and am planning on Hunting WI next year. Just secured a spot yesterday. Oh ya, I was born in Wisconsin, I lived many years in MO, spent 3 years in Illinois and now have been in MN for 2 years. Where do I fall into this? Does it really matter what license plate is on your truck? There is good and bad in every state, so I just don't understand this "border war".

BTW - I chose to hunt WI next year because I mainly bowhunt and don't like the early gun season of MN. I also hunt IL and will apply for IA for this reason. Will I hunt MN next year. You bet I will. So who's side should I take?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 AM

randallt, can u explain too me why u dont like the early rifle season in mn? Im just curious is all.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

I would just prefer to bowhunt and the first couple of weeks of November are the peak of deer movement. Unfortunately I don't have a large track of private ground that I can hunt "undisturbed" deer on during gun season. If I had that I would simply use a bow during gun season. Without a doubt where I hunt the deer patterns shift significantly once the gun season commences. I certainly don't have anything against gun hunting. I enjoy that as well, usually with a muzzleloader. I just prefer to use a gun later in the year when deer movement naturally slows down.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats beause most of MN hunters along with the MN DNR are all about quantity not quality. 200,000 deer killed this year. Thats more than some states have in their heard. But yet we are like 5-10 in total b&c and P&Y entries yearly. Move gun season to back behind the rut like it used to be. When I was a kid it was over thanksgiving.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:16 PM

Look I'm not trying to hate but why are most issues in here are about the hmong being bad hunters. You and I both know there's bad hunters in all community. There's paochers every where. in 2006 down south mn, winona where I was hunting I was approached by this white hunter on my deer stand. I was about 100 to 150 yards or more from the private land and state sign. He was also hunting in the public land about 100 yrds from where I am too. He approached me after I shot a deer and yelled at me while pointing a long silver hand gun and carring a 20 guage on his back.. Telling me to unload my gun and get the F**K off there. I told him i'm not going to unload my gun because he didn't unload his too. So he claim I was on private land and that he work with the sheriff if I come back there again he'll arrest me. The next year he cut off all of our deer stands into pieces. I didn't do nothing because I didn't want trouble tell me what should I do. We've been hunting on that land for more then 10 years and he's only been there 2.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:31 PM

If you see a hunter in the forest don't approached them with bad attitudeeven if they are asian/hmong or caucasion. If you want a good hunting relation with the people who hunt their just stay out of their way or approached them with good manner as friendly, because that's not gonna be the last year you'll see each other. Offered friendship talk to them see what you can help if they say no it's okey. If you see them do something wrong just tell them ohh that's not right you have to do this and this. They'll understand you and the next year they'll be better. If they don't get it try to educate them. If they are doing on purpose don't act out the matter by your self call the DNR and let them know. If you start to yell and saying stuff to them they'll get mad or people who don't understand what you are saying, by the way of your body sign's looks to be threating to them. That could cause problem or they'll try to do something stupid or bad to that area, just because you piss them off.