Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD ML hunting question >

MD ML hunting question

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD ML hunting question

Old 10-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default MD ML hunting question

hey all. was wandering where you guys would hunt w/ a ML that has good deer #'s . i wasnt planning on hunting with it, so i have my bow place (liberty) all scouted up and i am educated on that piece of land. but since i can only use bow there, i thought maybe some could clue me in on a place that has some alright deer #'s so i can ML hunt tonight. I dont need an exact spot or whatever, just a public land (that isnt a WMA, I dont have time to sign up for it before tonights hunt) that someone has had success with in the past, or present. I was going to hunt elk neck state forest but another poster said he hasnt seen any deer there, which isnt to promising to me lol. anywhere withing 30-45 minutes of baltimore is alright. if noone knows, thats cool i will just have to go to elk neck forest and see if i can get lucky. thanks alot
Old 10-20-2007, 08:55 AM

Default RE: MD ML hunting question

You may want to look at Tuckahoe state park I know it has a rather large deer herd. I am not sure if you can use a muzle loader there but I believe you can. www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/eastern/tuckahoe.html I used to bow hunt ther with pretty good sucess. It is a little farther than you were wanting to go. It is an easy trip to get there from baltimore.