Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Congrats to your buddy. I had a feeling this morning would be pretty good with the freeze last night and the light winds. I wish i could have went but the wife had an inservice thing up in South Bend all day, so im watching over the little one. I just hope maybe the rain holds off long enough to let me get in a morning hunt tomorrow. The rest of the week looks pretty crappy, as long as it's not heavy rain i dont mind, but they are saying its going to be windy too and i cant stand the winds.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a picture of my doe on 10-23-06

Old 10-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice doe.

I shoot arrows almost exactly like those. GT XT Hunters, green/white Quick Spins, Green nocks. Great combo!
Old 10-25-2006, 03:53 PM

Buddy is buyin' his bonus doe tag tonight, goin' out with me tomorrow. NO QUESTION on which stand I'm huntin this time... and I know exactly WHICH deer I am hunting for. Doesn't mean I won't shoot whatever gives me the first opportunity (unless big boy is in sight), but I'm after that 10pt I saw standing under the buddy stand this morning... Buddy will be 50 yards away rattling, he's set up right on the outside of the bedding area, I'm 50 yds up the way closer to the scrapes... seems like it's their preferred route of travel right now, so I am hoping for some luck in the morning.

I'm still gonna shoot what comes by, if it isn't the 10, so be it, I would be THRILLED if he ended up on my mom's wall instead of mine. She will be hunting with my muzzleloader as of Nov. 18, so if I don't get him, maybe she will.... wouldn't THAT just hook her on hunting for life? This will be her first year, as I've mentioned before, and I am pumped! I called her and told her about our morning, told her about all the bucks we saw, she freaked out and she is sooo excited. I still can NOT believe my MOM who was the one who instilled the "anti" thoughts in my head as a young child, is going to go hunting with me! She's such a nature girl too, she loves animals, heck, she's a vet tech, I'm just so elated, I can't even express how privelaged I feel to have my mom accompying me in the stand this gun season.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, he's already filled his extra archery tag too?
Old 10-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Monie

He probably didnt buy one, i know I didnt. I think it makes more sense to just pay for the bonus since you can use that for any season, where as the archery tag is only good for bow.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

They way it was explained to me, just buy the "Archery" tag..fill either buck/antlerless with it. If you shoot an antlerless deer, buy the "extra" if you still want to shoot a buck during archery season. If you shoot a buck...buy the "bonus" if you plan on taking another deer (except a buck) being that bonus are good for each season.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

Those are the same arrows I use also.
I get home last night to hunt behind my house over my clover patch. The farmer is there getting the corn out. Two does came out of the corn and were the only ones I saw. Those suckers sat tight. The combine was one row away from them before they got up. On the bad side I was coming to school this a.m. and by the corn field on the road was a dead doe. She hadnt been there lone. I wish I would of had time I would of taken her and donated her to fee the hungry. They could of got some good meat off of her she was not torn up bad at all.
Getting the rain gear out for tonight and tom.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

The deer were moving well Thursday morning, I had a six point right underneath me while a nine point was out in front, I could not move. I saw a total of nine deer and my father in law saw fourteen.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbuckOO

ORIGINAL: Monie

He probably didnt buy one, i know I didnt. I think it makes more sense to just pay for the bonus since you can use that for any season, where as the archery tag is only good for bow.
That makes sense. I hunt public land, so I didn't even think of it that way.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.