Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Last night saw the yearling to the doe that got hit on the road walking around lost. Saw another doe far off. Started pouring at 6 and is still raining. Heading back out tonight. Tom. in Madison gust up to 35 mph. I will be there. Probably going to take some of my PDA's off coming up. Maybe about 7-10 depending on how its going.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:49 AM

Thanks, Pat! lol

Guess I won't be out tomorrow either. [&o] Bummer.

I shoulda gone this morning. It wasn't that bad, oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Season is short enough the way I look at it. It is almost 1/3 of the way over. I only get to deer hunt around 105 days so I am not letting a little wind keep me in.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

I went out this morning and it wasnt nearly as bad as i expected. I seen two bucks and one doe. Not bad for a east wind if you ask me.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great morning! Saw tons of deer seconds after I got in my stand. Saw the 4pt I've seen nearly a million times around 10am. He got wind of my doe estrous waffers...charged in to about 20 yards. He was intent on finding the source of the estrous..but I got bored of his presence. I grunted at him a few times..then he took off.

After lunch, I searched around a part of our land I don't hunt much. Very good idea I might add. It then started raining hard..so I came home.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wind advisory now out for tomorrow in my area, gusts up around 45 mph. Hope there are some good college football games on.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch:

Saturday

Windy. Mostly cloudy. Intermittent sprinkles and flurries. Highs in the mid 40s. West winds 25 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kind of wish I went out this morning. Here at the house, it's sunny-38°-light winds (so far).

Oh well, gotta go pick up a big screen for my buddy today..and celebrate my bday a day early (b/c tomorrow I'll be hunting!).
Old 10-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back in from dodging all the tree limbs falling all over the woods. I took a quick trip out to check on my trail camera. Thing was all messed up. Looked like rain had leaked inside of it. That kinda ticked me off, then i took a stroll along the edge of the property line and found a nice set of climbing sticks going up to a lock on stand, on the property i hunt. I am going to have to get ahold of the landowner and find out if he has gave permission to somebody else. I know there used to be a guy that hunted on the neighbors about 30 yards away from there. I looked and thought i still saw his stand but couldnt make it out for sure. Wouldnt surprise me if its tresspassers though gettin a little greedy.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great morning! No deer down, but saw lots of good quality deer very close. Had 2 bucks behind me around 35 yards..1 was a really nice 8pt.

Wish I could hunt the afternoon, but got things to do around the house. Hopefully those mid-week showers will miss us, and farmers can get the corn off. The end of the week so far looks great.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.