HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana Hunters
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Buddy is buyin' his bonus doe tag tonight, goin' out with me tomorrow. NO QUESTION on which stand I'm huntin this time... and I know exactly WHICH deer I am hunting for. Doesn't mean I won't shoot whatever gives me the first opportunity (unless big boy is in sight), but I'm after that 10pt I saw standing under the buddy stand this morning... Buddy will be 50 yards away rattling, he's set up right on the outside of the bedding area, I'm 50 yds up the way closer to the scrapes... seems like it's their preferred route of travel right now, so I am hoping for some luck in the morning.

I'm still gonna shoot what comes by, if it isn't the 10, so be it, I would be THRILLED if he ended up on my mom's wall instead of mine. She will be hunting with my muzzleloader as of Nov. 18, so if I don't get him, maybe she will.... wouldn't THAT just hook her on hunting for life? This will be her first year, as I've mentioned before, and I am pumped! I called her and told her about our morning, told her about all the bucks we saw, she freaked out and she is sooo excited. I still can NOT believe my MOM who was the one who instilled the "anti" thoughts in my head as a young child, is going to go hunting with me! She's such a nature girl too, she loves animals, heck, she's a vet tech, I'm just so elated, I can't even express how privelaged I feel to have my mom accompying me in the stand this gun season.