Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Congrats on the doe!

I have one of those deer calendars, don't know how accurate they are, but it says there's a "fair" chance for deer activity through the middle of next week. I assume it is referring to the lunar phase, since there was a new moon on sunday. According to the calendar, the "good" deer movement starts oct 31. *shrug*

I know that earlier this season, when the calendar said "good", it was good, and now, it's been fair for the most part. We're not seeing the numbers we were. The deer we are seeing are either button bucks or are way out in the field and won't come close enough for a shot.

We have seen a couple of brand new rubs. One is about 5 yards from our stand and the other is about 35 yards past that. Most of the fields around our hunting areas are picked, so we figure the deer will be heading for the acorns, and there are tons of BIG acorns this year. I am really excited about the rut this year. We have seen some big deer and we hope to get one or two of them. I've been thinking about buying that Buck Growl...anything to get an arrow into one of those brutes.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm so glad the Crackboys got a beating on national tv.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I am happy today as they announced the Bears/Giants Nov. 12th game was just selected to be moved to prime time. I'll be muley hunting in Colorado so now I can stay out all day then go back to the motel and see the game! Sweet.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out tonight and didnt see a thing. Seen a few out in the fields on the way home but that was it. Landowner was picking the rest of the beans though so hopefully tomorrow he can start on the corn. It needs to go.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

some troubles with pic they should be on tomorrow
Old 10-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well i might as well make a show. Im representing Pike county in southern Indiana. My son and I both scored on Does Oct. 15. still looking for some big bucks. Happy hunting
Dan
Old 10-25-2006, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully the landowner gets the corn off up on our land today...if not...supposed to rain thru sat/sun as of the latest forecast. Grrrrrr....

I bought the buck growl a month or so ago when it was on sale for $15.99. I've used the snort-weeze on it...pretty cool reaction-based call.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

windy and rainy for Thur and Fri. Going to go ahead and put up my umbrella tonight on my tree so I wont have to do it in the pouring rain. Still pretty slow around Jackson/Jennings Co. during the week.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:00 PM

Good morning today!!! I didn't see anything, and I posted the story in the bowhunting forum under "Crazy Day! With Success", but my buddy scored on an 8pt. today. First deer, first bowkill. Woohoo!! On the way to track his deer, we had a nice 5-7pt stare us down at 40 yards and when I got to my other stand, there was a monster 10 standing directly under it. He spotted us at 40 yards and took off across the set aside field. I guess I need to switch to that stand for a while! My buddy's stand is not even 50 yards from that one, he had 4 bucks OTHER than the two I already mentioned come by today. We woulda had a double... Oh well, live and learn, I'm just happy he scored.

Congrats Joe!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:01 PM

Forgot to mention, he rattled 'em in with a few grunt calls in between. So, it's rattlin' time boys n girls!

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.