Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Need good conservation ground in MO >

Need good conservation ground in MO

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Need good conservation ground in MO

Old 01-22-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Need good conservation ground in MO

I ama new user of this site. I am going to college in springfield, MO this fall and need to find some good public archery only places to hunt this fall. I was hoping someone wouldknow where to go.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:38 PM

Default RE: Need good conservation ground in MO

Goto mdc.mo.gov scroll down the page and on the left hand side you will come across interactive maps. Interactive maps has a listing of all conservation lands in the state. This web site also has seasons, rules and regulations, and other info pertaining to each individual conservation site.
I hope this helps, Good Luck !!!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:47 AM

I aggree with greasy. That site is very good, although they could do with updating thier maps more often. Off the top of my head, I don't know of any archery only areas, but if you check the mdc site, i'm sure that you could find some. Some of the public land in Missouri is very good and highly under-utilized. The Caanan Conservation area is one of my favorites, but its like 2 hours from springfield.
Good luck.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:32 PM

Its probably going to be tough to find archery only public ground around Springfield. My friend goes to MSU and he says he hasnt found any ground to hunt. I go to college in Rolla and we have tons of national forest and public CA's around. It's great.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:20 PM

I don't know much about Springfield, but the City of Columbia allows bowhunting on city property. It is managed independently of MDC. That might be an option in or around Springfield too.