Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Good ground blinds for traditional... >

Good ground blinds for traditional...

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Good ground blinds for traditional...

Old 12-09-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Good ground blinds for traditional...

Can anyone recommend some good web sites or info on what makes the best ground blinds for whitetails?

I have always done my bowhunting from treestands and am not crazy about hunting from lofty heights.

My cuz that I taught to shoot instinctively shot a nice 6-pointer from a ground blind at a mere 10 yrd 2 yrs ago with his recurve and homemade cedar arrows and Magnus 125's. I'm envious.

I'd like to try more of the same but am concerned about being 'spotted' while drawaing my recurve, etc. Any suggestions for stools, set ups?

Thanks,
Old 12-09-2004, 07:18 PM

Default RE: Good ground blinds for traditional...

Im not sure on a good set up but i was reading a book by fred asbell called Stalking and Still hunting. It had a section on ground blinds and one thing i can remember is that you can dig a pit so you are down lower and you dont have to build the blind around so height. Also he said make it look as natural as possible. For example if you are hunting a river bottom and it floods and tree trunks collect old branches and kinda make a wall. And than u can just add on to that.

If you are interested in stalking and still hunting get this book it will help you out a ton. It covers everything. Good luck and have fun
Old 12-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double Bull Archery makes a blind for recurves it is tall I think 6'2" at center height and they are top notch. They are a bit pricey but heard nothing but good things from them in fact I believe I saw one on ebay last night. Its called the T5 import or something like that.
If you got the bucks its the way to go.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...119875223&rd=1

Here is the link to that particular blind!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:15 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Ameristep Penthouse blind. Probably not the quailty a Double Bull is, but I have no complaints. I got mine shipped for well under $200, and it's big enough for me to shoot my 66" longbow (I'm 6-2 or 6-3, 300#+) with my 9 year old son in it with me (he 5' even). A bit heavy to pack in, but works very well. Has several windows, and shoot-through netting that is replaceable. I've shot through mine several times, and it will take a lot more shots before I worry about replacing it.

With deer, you need to get it out and leave it out so they get used to it. Turkeys don't seem to pay it any attention from what I've been told.

Chad
Old 12-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go Stealth!

ASAT 3-D suit and pull when they aren't looking... I've had several deer within easy killing range on the ground with me standing straight up in the open (timber) and they look right through me if I don't move... I've got some pics in my camera that I hope to develop soon of a group of does and a little buck at about 12 yards or so that I took ground level, me on a logging road in ASAT. It was a hoot
Old 12-10-2004, 02:55 PM

Rangeball,
Thanks - I'd love to see them. Where did you buy your suit from? Who is selling them?
Old 12-13-2004, 05:44 PM

ASAT 3d suit huh? Hmmm, I wanna try spearing a deer someday(seriously), and maybe this is just the item. I guess I hunt for the challenge.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:46 PM

If you get your blind, I use a very simple stool that is basically a bucket turned upside down with a padded seat and styrofoam inner lining for drinks, etc. It will also swivel silently. They cost like 11 bucks. Or you could get a 5 gallon bucket somewhere and do the same for nothing. Padding comes in handy after a while though.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Scoobiedoo

Rangeball,
Thanks - I'd love to see them. Where did you buy your suit from? Who is selling them?
Here you go- http://www.asatcamo.com/

Quick Reply: Good ground blinds for traditional...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.