Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ground blinds good or bad????? >

Ground blinds good or bad?????

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ground blinds good or bad?????

Old 10-29-2006, 08:42 AM
nap

Default Ground blinds good or bad?????

does anyone now if its better to hunt in a gound blind or stand when hunting deer? And if you now of a good groundblind please inform me.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ground blinds good or bad?????

When hunting whitetail , any method ground blind or tree stand works good as the other .
I have a Double Bull T5 ground blind and when I use it I try to cover it up as much as possiable.
There's alot of blinds out on the market , when buying one you'll want alot of room to draw your bow back.
I'm very happy with my Double Bull , it has alot of room ( big enough for two people ) below is a picture of my blind.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

nothing wrong with ground blinds. I say hunt from whatever you have/like. don't be afraid to make natural ground blinds. I hunt from natural blinds with my bow. I also have an Ameristep Doghouse (haven't used it yet) and hunt from homemade treestands. During gun season I generally don't bother using any (stand, blind) in particular. I just sit at different locations.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been bowhunting my friends place and I was doing natural ground blinds and I kept getting busted, they would come out and look right at me and they would blow and go. Well I broke down and bought a pop up ground blind. I found the Eastman Outfitters X5 at academy for 119.00. I went back this weekend and set it up at 11 am on saturday and brushed it up. Got in it at 5 pm and at 7pm had a doe come out, she would look at it and new something was up but never busted me, let an arrow fly and got her.5 minutes after the shot I had a small buck come out on the oppossite end from where she was and he hung around till Ihad to get out. They work GREAT ! Tracked my doe and I just finished eating some backstrap.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:23 PM

i have two ameristep brickhouse blinds. have never been busted yet. had deer within 5 yds and never see me. you can buy two for less money than a double bull. i like mine better.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:42 AM

If I have my choice I'll use a treestand but will use a blind if there are no suitable trees...and prefer a manufactured one to a natural built one. I'm not claustrophobic but with a blind I feel that my hearing and sight are too restricted as compared to a tree stand. On one lease I have the previous owner was a carpenter and built 4 identical elevated shoots houses, they are insulated, with plexiglass 360 shooting and viewing ports...they even have carpet and office chairs....and unless it's really really cold or raining, I'll still sit in a tree stand.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:43 AM

Both are good to hunt from, but you should let the terrain dictate which makes better sense to use. Treestands get you up above and helps get your scent up as well. Blinds are really good at masking your movement, offer better protection from the weather and inherently safer.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:41 AM

Agreed!

I use both, mostly stands though. The first deer I ever killed (doe), I was sitting on a 5 gallon bucketnext tosome rhododendron. She was maybe 10 yds when I shot.(20 gauge w/ buckshot)Thought she was gonna step on me!

IMO, the key is--BE SCENT FREE and you're good to go either way. [8D]
Old 10-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I like ground blinds , both natural and pop-ups . Great cover , some scent control , protection from the elements .
Old 10-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i sit next to a tree

Quick Reply: Ground blinds good or bad?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.