Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ANY OHIO SUCESS YET >

ANY OHIO SUCESS YET

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ANY OHIO SUCESS YET

Old 10-16-2002, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default ANY OHIO SUCESS YET

hey guys i was wonderin if anyone has had luck in Ohio yet i have been hunting a lot and saw two does on the 5th and the 6th since then nothing????? Plus is there any bucks chasing does yet too thanx
Old 10-16-2002, 11:55 PM

Default RE: ANY OHIO SUCESS YET

Have seen 1.5 year olds start chasing the does around but alittle early yet for the big boys.My hunting buddy and i have been seeing alot of does and small bucks and one really nice 10-pointer(low 140s).I was able to take a 127lb doe on 10-8 in the evening.
I would think you would be seeing more deer now since the weather has turned cooler and your hunting alot but hang in there it will happen.Good luck to everyone.Dave
Old 11-12-2002, 09:24 PM

The bucks are starting to rut real good seen lots of scrapes and rubs ,but I have already harvested a nine point buck from BLUE ROCK STATE FOREST in Southern ohio he had been rubbing ,he had wood chips on his horns.That was my first deer I have been hunting for 4 years ,past up a few does last year I wanted a buck for my first and I got it three weeks ago.Now I am after the does and a buck for my wife she is real axiouse to get one she is a good shot this is her first year hunting.So what I have to say is have patience and keep out in the feild as much as you can and eventually you will get what you are looking for.Good luck to all!

TVV
Old 11-13-2002, 07:49 PM

Hey Bald - where is Blue Rock State Forest? I live near Shawnee State Forest but I've never heard of Blue Rock.

Elsie
"Downsize government - all government!"