Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

sucess story

Old 02-21-2005, 05:14 AM

Default sucess story

well last year my brother caught brain cancer and was outta it for over half the year and finally he came home barley able to walk and even now he is haveing trouble, he will probaally have a limp for the rest of his life but other than that he shoud heal right up but during the hunting season to boast up his selfesteem me and my dad decided to take him out hunting so we bought him a tag and went we chased a couple of deers for him but as he was he was very slow and couldent be quick enough so about 2 deer and 4 bears got away but after about a month of trying we finally got a pacitent bear and wamo he got it so thats my disabled sucess story
Old 02-21-2005, 08:18 AM

Default RE: sucess story

That is a success Hunter_ Jere , You tell your brother i'm very proud of him also . I was once in that same situation but mine was due to a major stroke. When the doctors told me i would never walk again without the aid of a walker i felt my life was over with no desire to live . I felt if i could no longer Hunt and Fish , then i had no need to go on. Well , to make a long story short , i stopped feeling sorry for myself and started out to prove those doctors wrong . With the help from above ''constant prayers'', and double therapy i did prove them doc's wrong . Four and a half months later i walked out of that V.A hospital on my own. I now hunt and fish even on my own, ''not supposed to of corse,'' but i do. Your brother seems to have the same 'determination' and please tell him for me that in my book , HE is the success story and to Never give up on his road to recovery, NEVER , NEVER , NEVER....... ''See ya in the woods ''....PS. A Canadian also.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:45 AM

Thats a success if I ever heard one and with you being there to help Im sure he will come along nicely Congrats!! I love to hear storys like that keep up the good work, Jimmy
Old 02-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

It's great to hear he got a bear. Hopefully, he'll take many more over the years.