Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Gun Opener!!! >

Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Old 11-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Hang on tight to your tree boys and girls, gusts up to 30 mph for the opener[:@]. I have almost forgot what it's like to have 2 consecutive days where the winds are less then 20mph. The wind and hunters ought to have the deer real spooked.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw 10 this morning, 9 doe and a tiny 4 point. Decided to pass on the does for now. Gonna try the new property tonight unless somebody is there. How did everyone else do this morning?
Old 11-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

saw 6 does 1 small buck and atleast 25 turkeys.. the turkeys kept spookin the deer really bad
Old 11-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didnt get to hunt the new place tonight, someone was already there. I got there at 1 so they must have been sitting all day. Not knowing where they were sitting i didnt want to disturb their hunt so i had go back to my regular spot. Only seen 1 deer out in the bean field, i knew i probably wouldnt see much there so i wasnt too dissapointed. Didnt hear many shots today, dont know if im going tomorrow or not, winds are supposed to be worse then today, 40 mph gusts. I may just skip class monday morning and go then. This week looks great weather wise.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Got a small 8 point this morning, saw 1 other buck. Both had their noses to the ground in search of love!!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

where do u hunt? dude?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw TONS of deer...plus 4 bucks. The first one ran up on my at like 650am...still dark. I grabbed the camera..and took a pic.
The auto-flash went off...so it's hard to see the deer. You can't see it sized down to forum regs...but he's a very tall 8pt..with a skinny body. I took the picture less than 10 yards from him. Took another pic of a 4 pointer who's been walking around like a big dog or something...neat to see a little guy strut like he does.

In the end, I held myself back from shooting one of the many deer I saw today. DNR at "The Angler" (just north on hw327/hw4 Junction) said a few whoppers got checked in today..shot in Steuben County.

I'll post some pics when I get time. It's about 11pm..and I gotta get up at 330am...so I'm out.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw two does and button buck. Does where way to far away. Didnt hear many shots. I am going out this morning probably get blown away. I dont get to hunt much see what happens.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:05 PM

we went out this morning too... waste of time. Sat in the stand until 8:30 when we decided we had better get down before our tree blows down! [:-]

Didn't see one deer, however, the guy in the woods next to us shot one at about 7:15, about 45 minutes later he came out and got his truck, had his young boy with him. He also shot one yesterday... lucky sucker.

We saw about 20 deer yesterday morning, only 4 last night, and they were spooked running 100 yards out from us. We had a shot at a doe, but we chose not to take it because it was early and we were seeing sooo many deer/bucks out in the field (out of range and off of our property), I guess we were hoping one of the bucks would come in. I saw a tall 6, this made the 3rd time I've seen him this year, he'll be a nice shooter next year.

Today sucks... winds haven't died down whatsoever, so there's no point in going back out tonight. I'm totally bummed, this is NOT what I expected for season opener.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didnt go at all today, didnt feel like fighting the wind. So i stayed in and watched the Colts. Decided to wait until tomorrow evening and then i will hunt hard all week. Temps are supposed to drop and it may even snow. The weather this weekend sucked, there were still deer killed but i bet there werent as many big ones as usual. I bet bigger deer are killed this week then were killed this weekend. Dont get frustrated becuase it can only get better.

Quick Reply: Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.