Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Gun Opener!!! >

Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Old 11-09-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Indiana Gun Opener!!!

I'm READY! Anyone else chompin' at the bit? I'm so excited, it's like Christmas morning, it's magical. I can't wait, probably going tonight or tomorrow to buy a blind, a hitch and haul for my Trailblazer (Ill need it to get that monster 10home after I shoot it ), shooting sticks, and possibly a muzzleloader for hubby, but that will be a surprise that he isn't expecting whatsoever... just depends on my commission check tomorrow and how much it is. I tell ya what, I haven't been this excited about anything for a long time... I can't wait! What's everyone else been doing this week to gear up for Saturday?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Indiana Gun Opener!!!

well im ready, got the muzzy shooting good, got the stand picked,just hope nobody messes around in the area before saturday!
good luck to you all this weekend..
Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

I am ready. But no more excited about Sat. than other days of hunting. Since it is the only week end you can donate deer. We are going to thin the herd. Part of the land is in Jefferson part in Switerland. So we are hoping to take 20 does out. Should not be to hard there are 3 2 acre fields of alfalfa and each night there are from 14-20 deer in each field. Last year opening day between 7 and 11 I counted 375 shots. That is about the average every year.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will be headed down on friday afternoon!!!! Cant wait!!! Especially after getting my slug gun sigted in(ouch!!!) after having to try 5 kinds of slugs!!!! Big Farm bucks here I come!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im ready. I have put the bow away, this weather the last 2 weeks has been terrible so i decided id spend this week getting ready for gun instead of sitting in 20-30 mph winds. I made sure my 12 ga was still ready to go on Monday, bought my license online last night and picked up the bonus tag as well. Right now im just waiting for my uncle to give me a call so we can go put me up a stand in a new property im hunting this year, just got permission last evening.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:21 AM

I'm leaving Friday morning. I'll be in Indiana before noon so I have time to get the lay of the land before Sat.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use my muzzleloader for firearms season...shoots almost like a rifle. A friend is using my 12ga. I'm going to be very picky...and probably just nature watching since my freezer's full.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:48 PM

I use a muzzy too... first year was a shotgun, second year perfect hit with a muzzleloader, I'm sold on it. Anyway, I had absolutely NO opportunity to take my muzzleloader and shoot it, so I'm kinda nervous about that, the closest range is nearly 50minutes away and it closes down at 4:30. Seeing as how I have had my kids and have been working until 6pm every night, it's been virtually impossible. I'm just hoping the scope hasn't been knocked around in the past year, it was dead on last year. I'm gonna kick myself if it's shooting off and I miss something big...

Just bought the Ameristep Brickhouse blind tonight at Dicks... it was on sale for $129, but here's the best part, it was on a shelf (5 of them sitting there) marked 79.99, so that's what they sold it to me for, take into account that if you buy your license at Dicks, like I did today, they take an extra $10 off of a $50 or more purchase, so I just got a $160 blind for $70! WOOHOO! Hubby is out setting it up right now. I am soooo ready, and I even have tomorrow off of work so life outta be flying bytomorrow, in no time It'll be Saturday morning. Can't WAIT!
Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck, my buddy Jesse and I have several high dollar blinds that we never use...woulda sold one to ya for next to nothing if I knew you were in the market.

BTW, what kind of muzzleloader do you shoot, BHG? I have a Knight Revolution...it hits dead nuts @ 20 yards..and again @ 135 yards. 3" high @ 75 yards, 5" low @ 200 yards with 100gr pyrodex with a 260gr Knight Sabot slug. I could use 150gr pyrodex and get a faster/flatter trajectory...but that stuff is expensive...and 100gr has done me very well in the past.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, took this 7pt last year with my muzzleloader...2nd weekend of firearm season. Ran across the field I walked in on..following the scent trail I put down. Had a THICK neck and body...but smallish rack.

Quick Reply: Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.