Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Gun Opener!!! >

Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Old 11-25-2005, 06:45 PM

Default RE: Indiana Gun Opener!!!

Yeah, I know the feeling. I am getting a cold or something. It makes it hell on earth when you are trying to hunt with a head cold. You are constantly coughing and blowing your nose, and heck you scare all the freakin deer away!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Lol, I hear ya. Thank god for my 4 wheeler, I would have never been able to drag that deer out the way I felt.
Funny thing is, just before I saw the buck coming, I was having a coughing fit. Good thing he was more interested in finding a hot doe!
Old 11-25-2005, 07:10 PM

What is worse than being a hunter and having asthma and allegies! Holy cow! Like everytime I go out...i get sick!
Old 11-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the 8 point that I posted pics of a few pages back. He dressed 140. Not a monster buck but i was happy with it. I havent seen another buck since the day i shot him. I think the Bucks are laid up thick with their women right now, only moving at night. I have had several chances to use my bonus tag but have passed becuase i didnt want to cut my season short and becuase i didnt really feel like gutting and dragging another one out just yet. Im starting to wish i would have took one of the 10 doe i seen on Tuesday night though becuase like you guys, i too am not feeling all that great. I have got a sore throat probably from freezing my butt off in the stand all week or maybe from falling in the freezing creek water while dragging my buck out last week.. I had planned on going all weekend but i'll be lucky if i make it out one time. I may just rest up, watch some football and wait for muzzleloader season. I have hunted pretty hard the past month and a half, must be finally catching up with me, it always does at some point.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

I`ve let a couple walk too because I didnt feel like gutting and dragging.
Sometimes I just feel like watching, taking pictures. My buddies think I`m nuts for it, but hey
once I`ve got meat in the freezer I`m good, and if it happens to be a buck, all the better!!
Old 11-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot a 150lbs doe yesterday...err...I mean my brother did.BIGGEST does I've ever seen. Everyone that saw it replied, "HOLY SH|T"...lol. My buddy Jesse shot a doe too...and his dad did as well (head shot, I might add).

I'll load up and post pics later.