Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New Cuddeback!!!

Old 12-20-2004, 10:01 PM

Default New Cuddeback!!!

Hey, we just got done doing the Christmas thing with my wifes family, and my in laws got me a new Cuddeback Digital. Im so excited, and cant wait to put it out. It does seem like it is a little complicated, but I think Ill be able to figure it out. Has anyone used one much? and is it pretty easy to get used to all the codes and button pushing, all three of my others have been simply hang and flip a switch.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Cuddeback!!!

Thats a great gift Angus, you will love it, it is simple to figure out, you have a couple different ways that you can set it up, It has just a real simple set-up if you choose to use it, then it has an advanced mode, to where you can create your own password, no one can do anyting with it once you get it installed in its memory. Also it will brand your name and phone number into its memory that no one can change without your password, it will put your name, date and time on every photo. I have taken over 3000 pictures with mine since Aug. and the battery life is unbelievable, just on my 3rd set of 4 d-cell batteries. You might want to get a couple of flash memory cards, I have one 128mb and one 32mb, The 128 will hold about 600 pictures, the smaller one I use when I bring the 128 home and don't have to be in any hurry going to check my camera cause the 32 will hold over a hundred pics, The camera itself will store about 30 pics or more in its memory so you could get by with just one compact flash card if you want. Get the flash card reader for about 10 bucks and you are ready to take pics, I will save all my pics to a CD then delete then from the card and I'm ready to go again. You will enjoy it to the max, I know I did and do, one thing these things can become addictive LOL, congrats on a great Xmas gift.
You have any questions on getting it set up just holler, but in a few days you will have it all figured out.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, you'll find it is actually very simple to run. A good overall digi. Sounds like you have some "cool inlaws", two words that generall don't go together!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:03 AM

Hey thanks strut,, i was hoping youd tell me that,, i think ive got i figured out enough to start getting some pics, but ive still gotta get my cf cards. I already know how addictive it is, Ive got two other 35 mm game cams but my wife is pretty tired of me spending so much on film and processing. I cant wait to post some pics.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:54 AM

Do you want to trade them in-laws??

I gotta a couple of doozeys for you!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you think those 35mm was additive wait until you get hooked on that digital, around one of my feeders on a good night I can get close to 100 pictures. At work I found myself thinking about what pictures I would have from the night before LOL, could'nt wait to get home and go check my camera.