Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Cuddeback ..which one ..how much and where? >

Cuddeback ..which one ..how much and where?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback ..which one ..how much and where?

Old 11-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cuddeback ..which one ..how much and where?

The " Good Doctor" is interested in buying a Cuddeback Camera and wanted to know which one offeres the most for the money ..is user friendly ...and where to buy? So friends how about leading dd in the right direction ...

dd
Old 11-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cuddeback ..which one ..how much and where?

Try this. DO NOT BUY A CUDDEBACK!! Sorry but I have had nothing but problems with it. There customer service sucks. I have sent mine in 3 times this year and still have NO deer pics. Got it back about 2 weeks ago and I put it on an active scrape. I could see deer were hitting it but all I had was 11 pictures of the scrape. Either the trigger is screwed up or it just takes pictures when it wants to. This weekend I got out there and again the camera failed. So I put in another card and it says cam busy for over 20 minutes. I reformat a card and put it in and it let me set it back up. Guess now I have to reformat the cards every time. Anyway I put in the new card and another fresh set of batteries. I have used 28 "D" batteries this year now and still no pictures of deer. Very expensive NON camera. Get anything else, you will be happy you did.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:05 AM

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Try this. DO NOT BUY A CUDDEBACK!! Sorry but I have had nothing but problems with it. There customer service sucks. I have sent mine in 3 times this year and still have NO deer pics. Got it back about 2 weeks ago and I put it on an active scrape. I could see deer were hitting it but all I had was 11 pictures of the scrape. Either the trigger is screwed up or it just takes pictures when it wants to. This weekend I got out there and again the camera failed. So I put in another card and it says cam busy for over 20 minutes. I reformat a card and put it in and it let me set it back up. Guess now I have to reformat the cards every time. Anyway I put in the new card and another fresh set of batteries. I have used 28 "D" batteries this year now and still no pictures of deer. Very expensive NON camera. Get anything else, you will be happy you did.
Ill second that! I have the same story only my cams are on feeders in Florida. Get a Moultrie for $70-120 they are better than the over priced cudde back junk cams from $300-450

DON'T GET A CUDDEBACK!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

...but Cuddy is faster and takes better pics. I have an excite and 05 cudde 3.0. The excite seems to eat batteries faster, but still not bad.

IMO spend the money on the 05 3.0 version. It's more reliable than the 06's with a better design.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:15 PM

I would check out chasingame.com before pickin any trail cam.

cmscat50, your right if they work they are fast and take good pics,the older model is great if it last, these new ones are trouble. what about this?
What if you got 5 of these things and this is what all your pics looked like? This is why I say don't get a cuddeback.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

I just got a cudde expert a month or so ago and have had zero problems with it so far. I've gotten well over a 150 pics. I have mine set up on a trailheading toa feeder behind my house her in FLand it gets a few pics every night. I liked my 35mm homebrew cam but its $5 everytime I put a roll a film in.

The main reason I got it was the trigger speed and its video recording function(which I haven't tried yet but I will). I hunt in AL where baiting is illegal so it will mostly be set up on trails and food plots where it needs to be a fast trigger. I did consider the Leaf River but after talking with a guy from the company I decided it wasn't near as fast as the cudde back.

I got it off ebay for $325.00 free shipping. I also got a couple cf cards for about $20....$8 512mb and $12 1gb cards off ebay.

Here's a pic from my cudde
Old 11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I couldn't get my pic to load for some reason.

Maybe all the cuddeback negativity on this post won't let it go through...hehehe.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Moultrie Gamespy 200. Check the deer pics I've posted. You can't hardly ask for better quality photos than that. The info on each pic as also very helpful. I will admit the trigger speed could be faster. If moultrie would increase their speed they would corner the market on trail cams.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

From time to time I get that blurred image....maybe one out of one hundred. I think it's a faster moving animal. Also right at dusk I do get "transparent" looking images from time to time. At least 95% of my pictures on my excite and 3.0 are perfect. I believe much of it has to do with how you set the camera up vs. the target.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:53 PM

I have owned 4 different brand of digital scouting cams. The only ones that still work (5 of them) are the Cuddebacks. The next cameras I get will be Cuddebacks, no doubt about it.
If youare looking for advice DD, the only Cuddeback I would stay away from is the new no flash. I have not seen very good results from them,then again the next generation of them will probably work great.
If you can find the 05 3.0 model I would get that, they have given me the best pics (over 5000 on each of them.)
Good Luck!
-Dan

Quick Reply: Cuddeback ..which one ..how much and where?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.