Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CUDDEBACK

Old 07-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default CUDDEBACK

I was looking at the cuddeback cameras in cabelas and they are 449. Seems like a lot for a camera, but the comercials make them sound like they might be worth it. I currently have 2 stealth 35mm cameras which seem to work fine except for the trips to the film shop. I also have a leaf river digital which is better than the 35mm cameras, but was wondering if I should continue to upgrade/spend more money.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CUDDEBACK

Here's my advice:

I own 1 Cudde and 1 Moultrie 200. I noticed in the sale paper I received yesterday from BPS....that the moultrie 200 is on sale for $139.99 (limit 2).

Save a little money....and get the moultrie 200 (TWO OF THEM FOR THE PRICE OF 1 CUDDE). It's an awesome deal....and a VERY good camera.

Jeff
Old 07-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

look elsewhere... I get my cudde's off of ebay... also, go for the 2.0 megapix excite or the 2005 model 3.0
Old 07-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

$449 for the "no flash" model!! There have been a couple of bad reviews for that one. I'd do as above suggested, or at least look into the "expert" model at #399! My buddy has a few of these and they have all worked flawless for him!
Does the Moultree camara's miss pictures due to slow trigger times?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Howler:

That's a fair question.....and since I'm not "there" (lol)....I wouldn't know! I have mine set up over a mineral lick.....and it's shot some awesome photos for me (and let's face it......are we trying to win a photography contest.....or scout deer??).

Jeff

I have moultrie photos posted on this page (that have had to be DRAMATICALLY re-sized for this forum)....and I can e-mail photos to whomever would like them.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:05 AM

In my opinion the Cuddeback C3000 is the best unit on the market. The way I see it is that you can save some money by going with a Moultrie, they aren't bad cameras (the night shots on the ones we use aren't usually that good), but in the long run you will use more money simply because of the batteries. You may get 100 or so pics off the Moultrie before you need to replace the battery, as for the Cuddeback, you can get thousands of pics on a set of batteries. As far as trigger time, the Cuddeback is a good bit faster, but the Moultrie is probablly the next best commercial unit as far as trigger time goes.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Buck Magnet:

That's just 180deg. from MY experience....and I own both models. MY Moultrie took NINETY-EIGHT photos between Tuesday and Friday (this week)....and it STILL shows a full battery (this is also after being in the woods for over 2 weeks....and shooting likely 300 shots). This is also on the highest res. setting.

Conversely.......my Cudde has taken NINE photos.....and the battery power (when I moved it, Wednesday) was already on level 3 (level 4 is full).

That's the truth....from someone that owns both.

Jeff
Old 07-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like many others on this forum, I used a variety of trail cameras. The most recent, the Cuddeback No Flash. This turned out to be quite a disappointment.
I've noticed that Cabelas now have a 4.1 MPCabelastrail camera(made by MOULTRIE and looks identical to their (Moultrie)100 & Game Spy 200--for just $149.00 I think. This camera will be well worth the investment, providing Moultrie maintained their standard--and there's no reason to think otherwise at the moment.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here it is:-
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0039106417696a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=20&noImage=0&Ntt=trail +cameras&Ntk=Products&QueryText=trail+came ras&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=4887&Nty=1
Old 07-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

the cabelas 4.1mp was $129 a couple days ago at cabelas. they were selling like hotcakes.

I would recommend staying away from the no flash. it' terrible. literally, TERRIBLE. the night pics are so bad you can barely identify animals as deer much less how many points a deer has. i returned mine after spending $449. my old reliable trailtimer works better then that piece of junk.

Quick Reply: CUDDEBACK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.