Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bushnell is Junk

Old 08-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bushnell is Junk

My CS experience with Bushnell. I had a pair of their insta focus binoculars that one lens went out of focus. I sent them back and a week later I had a brand new pair no questions asked.

It sucks been their with Nikon and will never own a nikon sporting optic again because of my problems with their product and CS. Even though I am sure I was an exception as I have heard guys rave about Nikon but my experience has soured me to the point of I refuse to buy their product.
Ditto with Nikon, I had a pair of the binos that went bad and they waned to charge me to repair them stating abuse. I had them less than 2 years and did not even use them 2 full seasons. They also wanted me to produce an original receipt, and a warranty registration card. ( I had the warranty card but not the receipt.) I often wonder if this had any influence on their decision.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:22 AM

I bought it over the Net from a Bushnell dealer, didn't have much choice other then ship it back. I guess I can chalk this up as a lesson learned. Support your local shops if you can. I did get one heck of a deal but wasted all the savings paying for shipping a second time. I am in the same spot now as if I would have paid the extra $20 at the local shop. I still have no bitter feelings toward Bushnell, I have one of their scopes and for the money I am satisfied, the replacement range finder functions perfectly.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:58 AM

I have owned only one Bushnell Scope. (3-9-40mm banner) The variable knob basically froze. So now that scope sits on a .22 at 3 power. A friend of mine has been hunting with his Bushnell for years with the cross hairs broke. Another person I know had the cross hairs fall off down in the scope. They build scope for air rifles and .22's thats it. I think Bushnell doesn't build real durable product. I just use the compact binoculars, there like disposable. Its to bad about the customer service though...
Old 08-16-2004, 01:10 PM

In their defense. . . . the one Bushnell scope I have is their Elite model which is of good quality, but I will agree that all their other models are suited for .22's only. What can you expect for $100 or so? I bought the Elite 4200 based on very positive reviews and I am happy with it, but I do not use it that often as it is mounted on one of my more obscure rifles that just doesn't see much action.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hello- I've never made a post like this before but I feel it's necessary to make people aware of the absolutely terrible service I experienced with Bushnell optics. Several years ago I purchased a Bushnell Sentry spotting scope. I realize this was not an expensive scope but I only planned on using it for the yearly sight in trips to the range prior to hunting season. When it wasn't in use I stored it in it's original box and needless so say I did not abuse it. After approximately 4 years (like 10 times to the range) the focus ring broke. I sent the scope back to Bushnell along with my receipt, my lifetime warranty card and a check for $10.00 for return shipping. After a month I received a letter from Bushnell which stated my scope was NOT covered for repair because "it was broke". This is no joke. I contacted Bushnell and the customer rep told me too bad but my scope wasn't covered (he basically reread me what the repair letter said). He did offer to sell me another Sentry scope for about $100.00. I then told him I didn't want to waste another $100.00 plus dollars on a piece of garbage. I asked him throw my scope away and not cash my $10.00 check. To add insult to injury the rep told me they had already cashed my check and their policy was to return all non repaired scopes. I realized this post is long winded but everyone should think twice before purchasing a Bushnell product.
Thats funny Because I had the same spotting scope, and a similar problem My focus ring would just spin but wouldnt focus. I called bushnell first hand they said send it in with the sales reciept and they would fix it or replace it at no charge. I sent it in and roughly a weeks later I recieved a brand new spotting scope with a letter stating the other one was a unrepairable manufactures deffect. thats really odd they gave you such a hard time like that doesnt sound like bushnell, that sounds more like Simmons customer service not Bushnell
Old 08-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

have numerous bushnells and have never had a problem with them or customer service. may just be freak ocurrence
Old 08-27-2004, 11:02 PM

Sad to say, but you get what you pay for, go w/ leupold.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Host of Hosts

Have owned alot of Bushnells over the years, only have one now, but I never had a bad experience with customer service because none of the scopes failed.

I use Leupold now on most every firearm except .22's, much ,much clearer than other brands I've looked at. I liked the clarity of the Burris Fullfield, but I like to use flip up scope covers and the eyepiece turns on the Burris.