Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bushnell is Junk

Old 08-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Spike

Default Bushnell is Junk

Hello- I've never made a post like this before but I feel it's necessary to make people aware of the absolutely terrible service I experienced with Bushnell optics. Several years ago I purchased a Bushnell Sentry spotting scope. I realize this was not an expensive scope but I only planned on using it for the yearly sight in trips to the range prior to hunting season. When it wasn't in use I stored it in it's original box and needless so say I did not abuse it. After approximately 4 years (like 10 times to the range) the focus ring broke. I sent the scope back to Bushnell along with my receipt, my lifetime warranty card and a check for $10.00 for return shipping. After a month I received a letter from Bushnell which stated my scope was NOT covered for repair because "it was broke". This is no joke. I contacted Bushnell and the customer rep told me too bad but my scope wasn't covered (he basically reread me what the repair letter said). He did offer to sell me another Sentry scope for about $100.00. I then told him I didn't want to waste another $100.00 plus dollars on a piece of garbage. I asked him throw my scope away and not cash my $10.00 check. To add insult to injury the rep told me they had already cashed my check and their policy was to return all non repaired scopes. I realized this post is long winded but everyone should think twice before purchasing a Bushnell product.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:35 PM

Default RE: Bushnell is Junk

You're right thats bad cust service I've had two bushnell scopes and both did not last long. they kept getting off after a few shots. There's no shame in pointing out bad service thanks
Old 08-09-2004, 01:03 PM
etw

Very Poor Customer Service. I've had good luck with my Bushnell products. I've had their spotting scope since 1970 no problems. Had a 3-9x 32 Banner on my 6mm from 1968 until 1998, gave that scope to my son he used it on his 06 till he got a new scope (an Aetek) now that 36 year old scope sits on my grandson's 30-30.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have heard it go both ways with Bushnell. Personally I haven't had any problems with their stuff. However last fall a guy in our elk crew had the same spotting scope as you go sour - blurred. Sent it back and received a letter stating it was due to abuse not workmanship so therefore no warranty. Well being it wasn't abuse he was not very happy and it has marred his opinion of their products. On the flip side a buddy dropped his rifle on the eye piece breaking it almost clean off, it wasn't a top end scope and he never gave it much thought just replaced it. However he sent it in anyway and low n behold he received a replacement at no charge. Needless to say he is very pleased with their CS.

It sucks been their with Nikon and will never own a nikon sporting optic again because of my problems with their product and CS. Even though I am sure I was an exception as I have heard guys rave about Nikon but my experience has soured me to the point of I refuse to buy their product.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:35 PM

Once My family ordered three bows from Parker through a local achery shop and after two weeks of waiting the person who owned the shop called Parker. Parker told them they would not send the three bows unless the archery shop carried more of their bows. My parents cancelled the order. Parker lost three good customers.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have nothing nothing but outstanding service from Bushnell. Both with the products and with thier customer service. They just fixed a thirty year old scope for me. NO Charge. You can't beat that service. I have had at least thiry Bushnell scopes. None have ever failed.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:37 PM

The only scopes i have ever had to send back where tascos. they did fix them no charge. i just have never had a desire for bushnell products except for almost buying a range finder from them. i have since decided not to buy a bushnell cause i see alot of places carrying refurbed bushnells for sell.
i try and buy leupold now cause i have had great service from the product. i have also never had a simmons go bad. i am also impressed with the reputation of sightron . i know a store that sell alot of them and swears they are awesome. i intend to find out soon.
But i am glad you posted your experience cause it just gives me more reason not buy thier product .
Old 08-09-2004, 09:22 PM

Interesting to hear about their Customer service, sounds like when calling them we need to get above the entry level people. You start talking to the right crowd there I'll bet they'd change their tune? As far as products I'venever had a problem with them especially for the price.I have a 12 year old 3X9 40mm that cost me $42 bucks back in '92 that I took about a 7-8 foot spill on a rock cliff, put a quarter size dent right on the objective lens bell. Never fogged ever and didn't even thor my zero off that day, picked it up shot dead center first and second round after the spill. Sorry to hear about your experiences though.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:23 PM

I have a Bushnell range finder that stopped working all togeather about one week after opening the new box. Bushnell did replace it but the service was slow and I had to pay the return shipping for their mistake. Not horrible service but they leave alot to be desired.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Bushnell range finder that stopped working all togeather about one week after opening the new box.
USMC, had that been me it would have been returned to where I bought it either for a refund or immediate replacement.

Quick Reply: Bushnell is Junk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.