Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge

Old 11-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Spike

Default RE: Tree Lounge

I emailed tree lounge about the back bars. I received an email the next morning giving me the customer service telephone number, which is 800-808-1541. I called them and told them about the slipping problem and they offered to send me the newly designed back bars at no charge. So we' ll see.......
Old 11-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

StevenA I don' t think the back bar is the problem.It' s much deeper then that.I' m 99% sure the problem is in the Vee Section where they used the semi rounded extrusion.Like mentioned in one of the posts they have changed the Vee Section on the newer models to the old angle iron(aluminum) type used on the Old Models.About a year ago Mr. Spivia sent me a free set of the Bite-n-blades.I' ll admit it' s helped but still has the tendency to want to slip.Until the Vee sections are changed they are going to slip.To be honest I' m tried of playing games with Treelounge. I' ve called them several times over the last couple years about these problems. Everytime you call it seems that you talk to someone else. They all give different excuses why they slip. I think Oldelkhunter gave the best advice.Sell them.treelounge would be head of the game if they would recall these new models and replace the Vee Section with the flat angle.Sure it will cost them money to modify them but one good law suite could bankrupt them.Until something is done I could never recommend ANY Treelounge product.Best way to hurt them is hit their billfolds.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

I talked with a supervisor at Treelounge about the slipping problem. She said that the only reason they had to change the V-bar is because they switched aliminum companies and the new company doesnt make the rounded type. Yeah right!! I said " Well why did Karen tell me that they switched because there WAS a slipping problem" . " Why the need for the bite-n blades" . She beat around the bush about USER era until I was tired of talking with her and I told her I would eat my $400.00 and go buy a Summit! She said if there was a danger they would have recalled it. She said the TMA knows about it and have no problem. Thats it Treelounge BLAME it on your CUSTOMERS!!

Here' s what Karen at Treelounge told me........

The new Tree Lounge was modified I guess you can say. We found if the Tree
Lounge was not used correctly then it was very easy to make it slip. Therefore,
we did go back with the original style Tree Lounge bars and the V Bar this way
the problem would not occur. If you have any further questions feel free to
email or give us a call at 1-800-808-1541.
Thank you,
Karen
Old 11-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Woodrow, Yep the same bull they' ve been saying for awhile. User error.I think that' s funny they claim they changed the vee section because of a new aluminum vendor.I' ll say one thing they have enough excuses.I don' t buy that TMA knows about these TL' s and there are no problems.I' ve dealt with Karen before at TL.Earlier today I resent my email to them. I mentioned since I never received a reply I was resending it and asked for Mr. Spivia' s email address. It' s time to take the bull by the horns.If and when I receive Mr. Spivia' s email address I' m going to contact him.I should have done this from the begining. If one person is saved from a broken leg or worse it' s worth the trouble.I' m going to see if I can get TMA' s email address and contact them also.TL apparently has been pulling the wool over their eyes.This could get interesting.LOL
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 AM

I am a long time Tree Lounge user and lover. I have hunted about three years prior to getting the TL and killed few deer. Since getting my TL, I see more deer and have killed many more. I have never had a slip or problem with my stand. I also have the old style. I have read that they are noisy, BS, it only takes time to use it and get used to it and it is as quiet as you want it. It may be a little heavier than other stands, but I have hiked close to two miles to get to my perfect spot to kill deer, and have at that. All you need is a little muscle and determination and after using it a while, it is not that heavy. I also find it very easy to climb up and donw. I have seen the Summit and a friend has one. I feel that the TL is much safer. I have gone as high as 50 feet, as long as my rope lets me, and still felt safe,. I too am not a fan of heights either. Since getting my stand I have had 4 other people order and use the TL. They too love it. I have seen the new model, but would not buy one after reading about the changes and hazards. Like I said, the old style is the way to go. To me, the stand is awesome and I brag about it all the time. I never had another climber stand and come from the lock on style, so I don' t know what the others are like, except for the one my friend has and he has told me about it slipping a few times. That was a Summit too. I have spent all day in it and ther is nothing else like it. I have killed with my bow, muzzle loader, and shotgun and did it with ease each time. I have even killed with my bow sitting down. So to those who bash the TL, I beg to differ. It is a great stand and would use not other.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:13 AM
Spike

I received the new bars from tree lounge yesterday. They came complete with new bolts, wingnuts and knobs. All at no charge. It took less than a week from phone call to receiving the product.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

LongtimeTL, our gripes are with the new TL the old one was a horse of a different feather and a very good stand no argument on that point....
Old 11-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum LongtimeTLlover
ORIGINAL: LongtimeTLlover

. So to those who bash the TL, I beg to differ. It is a great stand and would use not other.

I agree if it' s an Old Model. The new model has only been out a couple years or so.There is no comparison between the old model and new model.
Ruger Redhawk

Still no reply from Treelounge. Anybody who has or knows TMA' s phone number,address or email address I would appreciate if you could post it or email me with it.I' ve tried finding it on line with no luck.
Thanks
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

I owned a treee lounge for one season.....nice a comfy...besides that it sucked. Noisy to set, climb, desend. Not worth buying. TO damn loud. There are plenty other stands that are comfortable, affordable, easier to set up, and jus as safe. Look at a Summit instead.

j
Old 11-19-2003, 03:13 PM

If any of you Boy' s are tired or sceered of your TL, Send it my way and help
a poor boy out. I' ll be glad to take it off of your hands, beggers cant be choosey

Quick Reply: Tree Lounge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.