Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge

Old 11-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree Lounge

ORIGINAL: OregunHntr

If any of you Boy' s are tired or sceered of your TL, Send it my way and help
a poor boy out. I' ll be glad to take it off of your hands, beggers cant be choosey
OGH, I would feel terrible if I sent it to you and your broke your neck.LOL.You haven' t lived until you slip down the tree a time or two.I' ve been there and done that.I also carry an extra pair of draws,when I use my new model.Just as a added precaution.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-19-2003, 03:45 PM

That' s OK Ruger, I' ll just have a friend of mine make me some new teeth to add
to the bars. She' ll be good as new, or I should say old style.

Good idea on the extra drawers. Ive never slipped down, but I almost fell out
of a buddy' s home made stand. Scared the U-Know-What outta me. I never
hugged a tree so hard in my life!!!

Thanks again for all the info on these Tree Lounges. I dont think I will be
buying one anytime soon![X(]
Old 11-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OregunHntr

Thanks again for all the info on these Tree Lounges. I dont think I will be
buying one anytime soon![X(]
OGH That' s a smart move on your part.Check out that Gunslinger I mentioned. The phone number is in one of my previous posts here.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-21-2003, 12:05 PM

Send me that new one ruger!

Let me " borrow " it you know how to get a hold of me!
Old 11-21-2003, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Soark,I wouldn' t think of you getting hurt on my inferior TL.Being we live so far apart I wouldn' t be able to visit you in the hospital or the morgue.I' m still trying to get TMA' s address or at least their phone number.I conatcted a major TS mfg and no reply from them either.Maybe TMA will be able to convince TL there is a serious problem with these new models.Hope your grave-yard shift is working out for you. Email me when you have time.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-21-2003, 02:59 PM

Hey guys I just wanted to throw my pennies in this discussion. My hunting partner found a TL a couple years ago hanging in a tree on our hunting property. We had the exclusive rights to hunt it so he confiscated it and held if for a several days. In the mean time we both tried it out. I was up about 35 feet or so when I stood to take a load off my butt. The thing shot out from under me and down I went fortunately the safety harness did its job well. Only problem was, I was up with my back to the tree and the TL was several feet below. I made it down alright back to it and just casually slid back down the tree unhooked the TL carried it back home and called the company. I never got a response back from them other than a catalog complete with the video. Not a thank you for telling us about this, a note from their attorney or anything.
My partner found the owner of the thing and got it back to him within a couple weeks. I have a friend who owns two of the older models and he will not part with either of them for anything. He showed me how to climb with it and I can clearly see the difference in the two models. BTW I live just a couple hours away from the mfg. So if I can be of any help in contacting them let me know. I will be glad to help
Old 11-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

jtom welcome to the forum, I' m glad you weren' t hurt on that Treelounge.You are just another example of these Treelounges slipping.If you should get down by TL' s factory in Cumming GA stop in and tell them what you' ve been reading and hearing.I' m not going to let this rest. As soon as I get TMA' s number or address I' m going to open up a can of worms.I' m not trying to cause TL problems but whats right is right.We bought these thinking they were safe to use and to many of us have found out differently. They should be held accountable and need to correct these design flaws.Anything you can do to help us TL owners would be greatly appreciated.Once again I' m glad you weren' t hurt.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-21-2003, 06:32 PM

I' ve been the proud owner of the old style T.L. for about 5 years, and can honestly say that I haven' t found another tree stand that can come close to the comfort of the T.L. It IS heavy, and it is a bit noisy when assembling on the tree and when climbing (which can be kept to a minimum with practice), but I feel it is a worthwhile trade off for the extreme comfort that I can experience while hunting. It is soooo comfortable that the first year I bought it I slept in it the night before the archery season opener here in PA.! I didn' t get sweated up walking to my stand and the critters were unaware that I was there the next morning! What a neat experience!
Also, I feel totally at ease hunting really high! I regularly hunt 25 feet and higher, and don' t feel uncomfortable in the least. Wear a good full body harness and cinch it up tight and you can lean right out into the open air on that T.L. archery platform. I' m a devout fan of the old model.
On the other hand, I know some folks that have the newer model and I agree with the other guys here in saying that the new model doesn' t hold a candle to the old reliable.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

OK did not read all the post' s but i saw summit come up alot i looked at the summit web page liked what i saw never used a tree stand before out here a tree stand could be a 30 ft. ancient stump that you climb up but now im lookin for a man made tree stand is summit the top o the line on quality and safety?? etc...
Old 11-22-2003, 03:34 PM

I' ve got the old style. As usual, I was a day late ans a dollar short. After setting the stand up and painting it according to the destructions, I kept wishing that the stand was three or four inches longer. Well they did, about a week after I bought mine they came out with a version for people(like me) 6' 3" and taller. Well you can' t return the stand once you paint it(company policy). So aside from the fact that my old Tl is heavy as bricks, noisy to set up, it is comfortable. The only advice I have to offer to any other TL users who aren' t accustomed to humpin with a 60lb pack is this: set your stand up a day or two in advance and chain and lock it so it might stay where you left it. I get so sweated up on the way to my selected tree that the issue of sent is a joke, and I' m 6' 2" 200 lbs, in pretty good shape, there' s no arguing the fact that as comfortable as it is, I' d be happier with something a little less luxurious that wouldn' t break my back on my way into the woods.

Quick Reply: Tree Lounge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.