Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge

Old 11-23-2003, 08:37 AM

Default RE: Tree Lounge

I will give them a call and set up an appointment. If that fails, I will just show up and see what I can see.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

jtom, That' s great. I hope you can make head way dealing with these people.I doubt if you will since they blame their mistakes on User Error.I' m still trying to get the information I' m looking for.Please keep us posted what happens.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last night just for the heck of it I watched the Treelounge instruction video again.I notice that the " Vee Section" on the stand used by Dean Durham has the squared angle instead of the semi round extrusions.No wonder he hasn' t slipped.LOL.That gives a better argument against TL.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-09-2003, 10:33 AM

Can you still buy the old tree lounge my dad wants one and will not get a new one, and we tried to get him a new one for x-mas but they dont make them anymore they said. Anywhere to get an old one.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:01 PM

The best thing about a tree lounge is once your in it. Most comfortable stand I own. Great for a person with a bad back. Its a bit noisier to setup than I like so i only use it in places where im sure the deer are some distance away. Ive had mine for 2 years now but I dont use it as often as my other stands.
I wouldnt buy another one if this one were stolen.
Old 12-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Champ, unfortunately TL quit making the Old Models when they redesigned the TL's. The new models are the only ones they are making.They quit making their Groundlounge sometime back.You can find used OLD Models if you watch Ebay and or classified ads on the different hunting sites.. I 've seen some on both Ebay and classified ads .They are going for quite abit of money.There is a demand for them and people are willing to reach deeper in their pockets for them.If you can find a Old Model buy it.Stay as far away from the New Models as you can.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-13-2003, 07:00 PM

Hi, OregunHuntr.

I currently own a Tree Lounge and today I just purchased a Summit Goliath. I believe that the Tree Lounge is the most comfortable stand period. You can stay in this stand for 24 hours if need be. However, what I didn't like about it is: 1) the extent of set-up required, 2) the noise involved during set-up and 3) the difficulty and effort I experience during climbing, and 4) the changeover from climbing to sitting.

I hope my Summit solves the issues above, but it will never be as comfortable as the Tree Lounge. I should state that I am 260 pounds and with winter clothing and rubber boots, the changeover from climbing to sitting was significant for me.

I will not sell my tree lounge until I evaluate my satisfaction with the Summit Goliath. If you are interested, see my response to SmokPole re: which climbing stand should I buy.

Regards and Best of Luck !
Old 12-13-2003, 08:24 PM

I thought they looked liek good stands, till i seen one in person, Ill stick with my grand slam,