HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tree Lounge
Thread: Tree Lounge
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 AM
LongtimeTLlover

Default RE: Tree Lounge

I am a long time Tree Lounge user and lover. I have hunted about three years prior to getting the TL and killed few deer. Since getting my TL, I see more deer and have killed many more. I have never had a slip or problem with my stand. I also have the old style. I have read that they are noisy, BS, it only takes time to use it and get used to it and it is as quiet as you want it. It may be a little heavier than other stands, but I have hiked close to two miles to get to my perfect spot to kill deer, and have at that. All you need is a little muscle and determination and after using it a while, it is not that heavy. I also find it very easy to climb up and donw. I have seen the Summit and a friend has one. I feel that the TL is much safer. I have gone as high as 50 feet, as long as my rope lets me, and still felt safe,. I too am not a fan of heights either. Since getting my stand I have had 4 other people order and use the TL. They too love it. I have seen the new model, but would not buy one after reading about the changes and hazards. Like I said, the old style is the way to go. To me, the stand is awesome and I brag about it all the time. I never had another climber stand and come from the lock on style, so I don' t know what the others are like, except for the one my friend has and he has told me about it slipping a few times. That was a Summit too. I have spent all day in it and ther is nothing else like it. I have killed with my bow, muzzle loader, and shotgun and did it with ease each time. I have even killed with my bow sitting down. So to those who bash the TL, I beg to differ. It is a great stand and would use not other.