Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

LONE WOLF TREE STANDS

Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Spike

Default RE: LONE WOLF TREE STANDS

I've noticed that BassPro is no longer carrying LW stands
Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crenshaw,

I'd be really curious to know what broke on your stand. I designed many of the products for Lone Wolf when Andrae owned the company, and I can tell you they test FAR above any other stand on the market. I think the Assault tests to nearly 1,600 pounds before anything breaks. The castings are so strong that you will litterally rip the bolt through the aluminum tube before the casting will break.

What broke? What did you do to break it? I've never heard of that happening before.

I won't use any other stand at this point. They are still the best - and yes, and now pretty pricy! Glad I got all mine years ago!

Todder
Old 07-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WKP Todd
Crenshaw,

I'd be really curious to know what broke on your stand. I designed many of the products for Lone Wolf when Andrae owned the company, and I can tell you they test FAR above any other stand on the market. I think the Assault tests to nearly 1,600 pounds before anything breaks. The castings are so strong that you will litterally rip the bolt through the aluminum tube before the casting will break.

What broke? What did you do to break it? I've never heard of that happening before.

I won't use any other stand at this point. They are still the best - and yes, and now pretty pricy! Glad I got all mine years ago!

Todder

i believe Treelounges are also tested to that weight limit.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 LW I'm set.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Spike

Default Lone wolf sit and climb ll

has anyone had issues with levelling the platform with a sit and climb combo ll ?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm all for expensive tree stands

My old carcass then has less youngins it has to beat, hauling a climbing tree stand through the woods. And it sure breaks my heart hauling that long ago, paid off, tree stand.

Do we have $500 ????? $500......
Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
I wanted a sit and climb in the worst way and then i saw they were almost $400. The summits started looking really good after i seen that.

The best way to solve that problem is what most people won't do. Boycot them. No product is worth getting ripped off for. How can they justify $400. for a climbing stand. Quit buying and watch the price drop.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Added Costs

"The best way to solve that problem is what most people won't do. Boycot them. No product is worth getting ripped off for. How can they justify $400. for a climbing stand. Quit buying and watch the price drop."

But for safety reasons, don't they have to include an expensive parachute with every tree stand, er, an expensive safety harness.

Although I'm expecting some parachute requirement in the future.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Check out the classifieds on AT. Lot of folks selling their Lone Wolf stands and climbing sticks. They may be the best but I'll never spend that kind of money on a stand.