Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Lone Wolf Tree Stands - Any Opinions >

Lone Wolf Tree Stands - Any Opinions

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Tree Stands - Any Opinions

Old 09-25-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Lone Wolf Tree Stands - Any Opinions

I am considering buying a Lone Wolf tree stand climber. Any opinions? I have done the API Shooting Star, Summit Goliath, and recently the Ol Man. Still searching.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lone Wolf Tree Stands - Any Opinions

I have the climber and love it! It is light and easy to clim with. I suggest the sit & climb. Only negative is the platform is smaller than most. Used it this weekend to sit above my youth hunter. Stand is very quiet and light. The built in bow holder is a great option, but make sure you get the rubber cover for the rest.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did the Summit, API, and Ol' Man trials as well. I bought a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb last year and I love it. It packs up well, is light, and it is very quiet to use. If you decide to go with one, you will be happy with it!
Old 09-26-2005, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

I have used a SitnClimb model for 3 seasons now and won't change. I would suggest finding someone who would let you try one out, as I would with any brand and model.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Spike

I have the sit and climb. put the new seat on lastyear and it is very comfortable, can sit all day. Rock solid on the tree. One thing to remember, is that bows with string suppressors like the ones on mathews bows will not fit the built in bowholder. I found this out to late
Old 09-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used both the hand climber and sit and climb models. The hand climber was great. The only problem I had with it was comfort. I wouldn't recommend it for an all day hunt. The sit and climb model was easy to use. My one gripe with it was the seat. Being a big guy I found it wasn't as roomy as other stands such as the Summit or API.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:13 PM

I ALSO HAVE THE SIT N CLIMB AND LOVE IT, ITS LIGHT AND PACKS EASY. I DID RECENTLY FIND ANOTHER OPTION FOR A LIGHT CLIMBER. ITS MADE BY TMBER TALL TREESTANDS YOU CAN FIND THEM ON THE WEB. THE 300LB CAP. MODEL WEIGHS ONLY 14.5 LBS!! AND THEY EVEN HAVE A SMALLER ONE THAT WEIGHS ONLY 12.5 LBS!!!!! ANOTHER NEAT TRICK WITH THESE IS THE ABILITY TO LEVEL THE PLATFORM AND OR SEAT BY ROTATING A KNOB ON A THREADED ROD THAT IS ATTATCHED TO ONE END OF THE CABLE. IF I'D HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THESE BEFORE GETTING THE LONE WOLF IT WOULD HAVE MADE FOR A TOUGH CHOICE.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:55 AM

I've got the hand climber and wouldn't recommend it for comfort..I like it because it is what it is..a climbing loc-on,lite-weight, well built and nothing in the way of your shots.
I've also got the new Buckshot Equalizer, API Shootin Star, Summit Viper and Cobra. I like all of them.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used both the hand and the sitnclimb and I didn't like either one. It's probably just me but I really wasn't fond of either. Lot's of people really like them though, so I'd definitley at least try one.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

bowtech, Just curious, what didn't you like about them?

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Tree Stands - Any Opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.