Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review >

Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 AM

Default RE: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

ORIGINAL: CrowMagnumMan

Reminds me of the ol' Terminator quote...a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. Sorry. Just did. I am seriously considering a BBB and range really didn't enter into my mind. Going through PA snows, hauling a few friends, and a deer or two in tow, a few miles from the truck was in my mind. I don't think it would have too much of a problem with that, or would it?
No, it sounds like it would handle what youwould beusing it for just fine.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

I was seriously considering a BBB for farm use but decided against it because of the range. We currently use a regular golf cart where we can and it's not uncommon to run it several hours a day. If you figure a 40 mile range at say 20mph then thats 2 hours run time (at full speed) for the BBB. I don't think it's possible to run the one we have now dead in a days time.

I have already decided to buy another honda atv but I was wandering if it would be possible to put a smaller motor on the front axle for extended range and keep the 15hp on the rear for when more power is needed. The current drive system would have to be changed to run either the front or the rear instead of fwd or auto, but could it be run in fwd set up like this.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Ive got to tell you all that are talking about the Buggie,I bought mine three weeks ago and have driven through 8 and 10 foot cut overs , hauled 300 pound hogs .Taken both sons and our gear on hunts , hauled hay and driven it deep in the swamps of south carolina and i love it .
i actually creeped up behind a coyote walking down a trail to within 20 yards and have driven up on Hogs. Scared hunters because they couldnt hear me .
Belive me i didnt want to spend the money but i couldnt find anything on the market that didint have problems yet couldnt find anyone complain about the Buggie.
If you come to south carolina ill take you on a hog hunt and we can creep up on porky like my brother in law didi and killed his hog out of the passenger seat at 20 feet
i called BBB and told them they need to add a forum for us BBB owners to talk
Old 12-04-2007, 04:52 PM

I am glad your enjoying it Gunny. I haven't been on mine in over a week. I feel as if I am going through withdrawels.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:12 AM

ORIGINAL: gunny97

Ive got to tell you all that are talking about the Buggie,I bought mine three weeks ago and have driven through 8 and 10 foot cut overs , hauled 300 pound hogs .Taken both sons and our gear on hunts , hauled hay and driven it deep in the swamps of south carolina and i love it .
i actually creeped up behind a coyote walking down a trail to within 20 yards and have driven up on Hogs. Scared hunters because they couldnt hear me .
Belive me i didnt want to spend the money but i couldnt find anything on the market that didint have problems yet couldnt find anyone complain about the Buggie.
If you come to south carolina ill take you on a hog hunt and we can creep up on porky like my brother in law didi and killed his hog out of the passenger seat at 20 feet
i called BBB and told them they need to add a forum for us BBB owners to talk
I, too, am glad you are enjoying your buggie. I have had a couple of owners suggest maybe starting a club for BBB owners. Your idea of a forum is excellent. I will be in Natchez today picking up buggies and will talk to the powers that be.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

i spoke to them yesterday and ordered some new attachments for my buggie and talked to one of the powers that be and told them of our discussion on Huntingnet and suggested a forum on there web site so we could share ideas of how we use and make changes to the buggy. let me know if they do it
Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I wish I could avoid reading about these things. I want one, but I don't want to be single again. She says I have too many toys, so I will just have to wait like 6 more months to get one and then face the wrath.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:15 PM

We have a BBB, we have noticed it tends to be a buckboard... could that be a flaw in our BBB? Or do they all tend to have a uncomfortable ride to say the least. (we live in Florida with the bull holes and the hog ditches)
Old 12-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

hog they do have astiff suspention but i can tell you from experience that is so it can a lot of wieght. with just me flying down a trail it is a little stiff but when i put 4 hunters on it and all our gear and road in 3000 yards in the swamp at a decent speed it was rather smooth really. i wiegh 270 and carried a 300 pd hog and gear out and it was a little stiff buy hey it got me out with no problem and never slowed down in the swamp.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 AM

Allright, ya i weigh 205 and when i drive around our ranch it could sometimes be rather painful.

Quick Reply: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.