Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review >

Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM

Default RE: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Thanks, I will dial you up one weekend when i get a chance.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Well
i went ahead and didi it, i bought a Bad boy. i have been looking for negatives for a year about this but couldnt find any and surprisingly cant find but a rare one for resale. so i paid the money today and brought it home. I am headed to the woods friday saturday and all next week. my question to you guys that have one is what things didi you do to your buggy to make it fit your needs .I mean like Add carpet in glove box,Mirriors,Lights anything that will make it more functional in the field .ill post a pic when i kill either that buck or that hog this weekend .
Old 11-15-2007, 08:19 PM

CONGRATS|!!! Ever since I bought mine the Grizzly 700 hasn't left the garage. This thing is beast and I have put that thing through that lifted ATVers wereafraid of going through(retention ponds, DEEPLY ruted out trails and fields).
I have a winch, enclosure and battery fill kit. All from Bad Boy. As for my own touches I am working on a light bar to be mounted to the front of the basket that is on the roof and maybe one for the rear as well. I am going to make it to where the light bar can fold down in case clearance is an issue such as getting into my garage. I will have a couple of them covered in red film.I am going to get a soft mount for a handheld spotlight, a heater for one of the cup holders. I took the enclosure to an upolstery shop so I can fully zip off the doors not just roll them up.
The carpet in the glove boxes is a great idea. Glad you mentioned that.
I am going to get a rear view mirror and a light that is fixed to the inside of the roof. Maybe a small red LED light to shine down onto the dash area so at night I can see what switches to hit.
Hope this helps and post if you have anymore ideas. Also, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. Just have to get the rest of the squeeks and cricks out of it.
My Bad Boy guy put a rubber spacer on my shocks that GREATLY improved my ride.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

I like the BBB's, but I'm concerned about having to buy new batteries a few years down the road. New batteries will cost as much as the buggy is worth after 3-4 years of heavy use. Also--how do they perform in deep water (2-3 feet)? I hunt in the river bottoms were the water can keep pretty deep in the low spots.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

How are they in the cold.... Northern Ontario cold?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Well i have had my BBB out for two days in the swamp and put it through the test.First i have a stand that is in a clear cut that has grown over with 8 and 10 ft weeds . the stand is about 355 yards from the raod and i usaully would carry any gear i needed and corn backthere . I pulled up with the BBB and just plowed right into it with no problem and drove to and from the stand. I then went to two of my other stands on the swamp edge and drove right to the feeders.(that was a first ).
I did have a exciting moment when i turned a corner and a coyote was in the trail and i was able to drive up behind him as he walked to within 20 yards before he noticed me and that was when i turned side ways to shoot .Yes he is gone now.
I must say i am deeply impressed and so are the other hunters on my club. i am going to do a few things to it that were suggested here .
I am so glad i dont have to carry the feed and game in and out any more .
as soon as i get a kill ill post a story. if any of you guys have any more suggestions let me know . gotta go fill the freezer
Old 11-19-2007, 02:56 PM

I am happy for you Gunny. Where about in SC are you?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Im just outside of columbia SC, tonight we pulled up on some hogs feeding toward us , put the BB in Reverse backed up down the trail and waited .Ill be smoking some Bacon thursday for thanksgiving. we shot him at 20 yards and there were of them and could not hear us and we were in full camo so they coundnt see us either . Man im loving my Buggy
Old 11-19-2007, 08:56 PM

I live in Charleston
Old 11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

BBQ
if you want to come up here some time and hunt hogs let me know , at the same time if you know a good place around low country were i can nail a deer or two ill make the drive--trade

Quick Reply: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.