HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/210739-just-bought-bad-boy-buggie-my-review.html)

BBQ BOY 10-07-2007 12:04 PM

Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

Well I took it out tonight for a stroll. I ended up going into the woods where they are clearing for a neighborhood. I decided to drive around a rather large retention pond that was in the woods. There was a 8' path going around it. I went through some stuff that I wouldn't attemp to take my truck. It has been raining here a good bit and where I took it is muddy to say the least. It was very rutted out with stumps, logs and roots. Once I got in there I thought to myself that I need to turn around because I don't even have my winch on yet. Well I couldn't turn around because if I had tried I would of gone down about 30' into the pond. I had no choice but to go through it. To my suprise the Bad Boy went through this incredible muck of 150 yards as if it were on hard packed ground. Another thing is this thing climbs like my Grizzly 700 would of done. Well almost. I am extremely satisfied with this buggie. The fit and finish has just a touch to be desired but it is an unstopable tank.
It is much quicker than I expected it to be as well. It does have some squeeks and rattles but I feel confident that I will get it serviced properly by my dealer. His service is the best I have seen. He has come to my house, which is 40 minutes away,at night to bring me the charger and other things as well. His father helped design the BBB and brother works at the plant in the higher ranks. he knows this thing inside/out. Super guy and service. I don't get half the service from the Yamaha dealer.

badboybuggieman 10-07-2007 06:05 PM

RE: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

BBQ boy, I am very happy that you have joined the BBB family. Im glad that you are enjoying your new man toy as well. I am a dealer down in Alabama and I know personally the dealer you dealt with. His brother is the go to guy in Natchez for troubleshooting and you are right, he is one fine person. He represents our product well and should you ever need anything you can count on him. Once you hunt in silence you wont be able to imagine how you ever went into the woods on a gasoline powered ATV.

Congradulations on your purchase.

gunny97 10-09-2007 02:10 PM

thanks for the input, i have been toying with buying one and you just sealed the deal. now i need to find a rep in south carolina area to buy it from

BBQ BOY 10-09-2007 07:17 PM

I am in SC also. Where about are you. My dealer in in Charleston and another in Columbia.

JFergus7 10-12-2007 09:41 AM

I have been thinking about purchasing one for some time now. Posts like that make it harder to keep putting it off. Love to hear first hand from new users how they like it!

badboybuggieman 10-12-2007 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

I have been thinking about purchasing one for some time now. Posts like that make it harder to keep putting it off. Love to hear first hand from new users how they like it!

The biggest thing that I have found is the amount of misinformation out there. You see, the BBB was retooled for 08 with an entirely new operating system. Many of the issues the previous models had have been corrected. Bad Boy is so overwhelmed with orders right now they have not taken the time to update the web site or produce up to date brochures. They are concentrating their efforts on production and distribution and relying on their dealers to get the word out.

SaffordHunter 10-15-2007 06:38 PM

First of all I would like to say this is my first post on this forum. The reasonI joined is the info thatI wanted to recieve about this machine. I hunt in Safford, AL about 30 minutes south of Selma, AL and about an hour and a half from Tuscaloosa. If anyone on this forum knows where Safford is they know about the mud. It is red, sticky, clay mud that does not come off your tires unless you are doing 3000 rpm's. I have seen many ATV's not able to move in this mud even when it has not rained in a week. The BB weighs what 1600 pounds all i want to know is how well this machine goes through this kind of mud before i splurge 9 grand. I dont care about the range, payload, or anything else but the mud capabiltiy. Also has anyone put any serious mud tires on the BB, and how did it do? Any info on this post will help.

badboybuggieman 10-17-2007 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: SaffordHunter

First of all I would like to say this is my first post on this forum. The reasonI joined is the info thatI wanted to recieve about this machine. I hunt in Safford, AL about 30 minutes south of Selma, AL and about an hour and a half from Tuscaloosa. If anyone on this forum knows where Safford is they know about the mud. It is red, sticky, clay mud that does not come off your tires unless you are doing 3000 rpm's. I have seen many ATV's not able to move in this mud even when it has not rained in a week. The BB weighs what 1600 pounds all i want to know is how well this machine goes through this kind of mud before i splurge 9 grand. I dont care about the range, payload, or anything else but the mud capabiltiy. Also has anyone put any serious mud tires on the BB, and how did it do? Any info on this post will help.
Saffordhunter, I am the dealer in Linden 20 miles from you. You may not take my word for it because I am a dealer, but I also manage property for my family and hunt every chance I get. I have been through this post oak mud my whole life on every kind of ATV imaginable and the Bad Boy handles it fine. Because it is fashioned after a golf cart and so many hunters around here have had nightmares with 2 wheel drive golf carts getting stuck and burning up controllers, I can understand your skepticism. I havea very good client in Safford who Im sure would vouch for the Bad Boy. I think they have 5 or 6 on their place. (6000 acres) I also did a demo at a hunting club in Thomaston last January when the guys couldn't get out of sight of the camphouse without getting stuck on their conventional "lifted" golf cartsand the Bad Boy out performed their expectations. One of those guys has already bought and he would be glad to tell you how much he is enjoying his buggie. You could also come to Linden anytime and we will take one out on my place and you can see for yourself. I love doing demos because the buggie always outperforms customers expectations and if it doesn't, I don't want to sell that customer one and them be unhappy.

If you have any questions just let me know. Im easy to find.

SaffordHunter 10-17-2007 06:00 PM

Where are you located in Linden, and what are your hours on Sat. if you are even open?

badboybuggieman 10-18-2007 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: SaffordHunter

Where are you located in Linden, and what are your hours on Sat. if you are even open?
I sent you a PM, Saffordhunter.