Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Equalizer Tree Stands

Old 07-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Equalizer Tree Stands

Rick, Have the made that sling seat any quieter? I ordered one last year and used it for about 5 minutes. It was covered with very rough material and made way too much noise for me. I called the company and they gladly took it back with no problems and also said they were going to look at a different material to use.
I ended up taking the sling seat off of my old API and using it on the Equalizer.
As for the plastic handles...I have use mine for about a season and a half now and not had a bit of problems with it.

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

I went out last night being it was so cool and climbed to a height of about 20'. Was very easy to climb and bites the tree like no other stand I have used. Once you pull the 2 straps to lock the stang to the tree it is rock solid. I was able to attach the sling seat with only a little effort, maybe 2 minutes at best.The cranks I will leave like they are, the little knobs they give you bent while packing the stand so I will use the screws with a little locktite.I am very happy with this stand and will now sell my Goliath.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rick, Have the made that sling seat any quieter?
I didn't notice any noise with it but it is very stiff and hard. I was all set to take the sling seat of of my Goliath but I just sold thatstand tonight in the classifieds here. I think I will buy the seat from Summit and try it. I would send the seat back but don't have the packageing anymore.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

I really like the concept for the stand. Received the DVD last week and seriously considering the purchase. Also considering the Summit Razor SS. Anybody have any experience with the Razor? I am just a little concerned with moving parts on my climber.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: midsouth_hunter

I really like the concept for the stand. Received the DVD last week and seriously considering the purchase. Also considering the Summit Razor SS. Anybody have any experience with the Razor? I am just a little concerned with moving parts on my climber.
Your concern about moving parts on hunting gear is understood, but in this case not an issue. I hunt in the season and a half that I have used my Equalizer, I'll bet that I've climbed with it about 75 times and never had an issue. As with all my gear, I give it a good going over before the season starts and a quick check before each hunt.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Rick, Have the made that sling seat any quieter?
I didn't notice any noise with it but it is very stiff and hard. I was all set to take the sling seat of of my Goliath but I just sold thatstand tonight in the classifieds here. I think I will buy the seat from Summit and try it. I would send the seat back but don't have the packageing anymore.
I put a Summit sling seat on my stand and it makes a world of difference. It's much softer and flexable making backpacking it a no issue. I ordered the seat from Summit and it attaches differently than the older Summit seats. It has a speed attachment buckle so taking it off and folding it within the stand is no problem. Problem solved.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:46 PM

Rickmur, did you use the Surround Seat by Summit and did it fit the stand well?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

No I used the sling seat, not the surround and it fits perfect.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Rickmur, when using the seat that comes with the stand. do your knees hit the front bar.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your knees will hit if you have the top of the stand too low or in other words too close to the bottom section. If they hit raise the top higher on the tree to strecth out your legs. I am waiting on the foot rest to come and that willhelp move your knees out straighter also.Equalizer has the foot rests in stock but no mounting directions so they won't ship them till they get the instructions. How hard can it be to mount a foot rest? Ask DavidMil, they sent him one with his new stand order whenhe told them he would figure it out. He did say it wasn't cut and dry through.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a link to some pics of the seat with the stand. Just click the thumb nail to enlarge.

http://imageevent.com/mdbohuntr/slingseat

Quick Reply: Equalizer Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.