Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Equalizer Tree Stands

Old 05-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Equalizer Tree Stands

I got one with the sling seat last year and hunted with it.I have used a lot of different climbing stands over the years and this one is the best.I don't know if they have a little man,big man and etc.I am 5'10 and 160 lbs and it has plenty of room for me but useing the sling seat it may be tight for a very big man(0r ladie)
It carries very good and light,sets up as quit as any I have used.
Adjusting was very easy for me while climbing also.
I have a loc-on climber that they made years (don't think they make tree stands anymore if they do I haven't seen one in years)ago that adjusted when climbing but this one to me is a lot better.I have the viper (steel) and compareing weight when carrying this one feels like a feather.
I sure like mine.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM

I had the stand when it was still owned by Buckshot and i absolutley love it. I havent owned very many but of them all this is my favorite. Very good product!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I received mine last week and wasgoing to try it outthis afteernoon but I wrenched my knee yesterday and won't be able to. I do think my Summit Goliath will be on the selling block though.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Rick, I have no doubt you will loveyour Equalizer.
Hope the knee gets better soon!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

I just bought one myself, should receive it late next week or early the week after. Hope your knee heals up Rick. Let us know how you like the stand, I am dying for mine to arrive and try it out.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Greg, I finally got it on a tree last weekend, even took it up to to a nose bleed height of 5 feet[8D]. Thats all I could muster with my knee but wanted to just try the leveling action. Seemed to work very well but will try it again this weekend with the weather getting cooler and will see if the knee allows me to go higher. The only thing I don't like and am trying to figure another way of changeing it is the crank on the standing plateform. It has to be on the inside for the stand to backpack and makes it hard (for me at least, might be my knee not bending so well) to crank it so you have to unscrew it and put it on the out side of the stand once I have it on the tree. They give you a round knob to do this but I see it as a pain to do in the dark. Another thing is I bought the sling seat and it has to be unfastened for the stands to backpack. Another thing you have to fool with in the dark. Might just use the other seat that comes with it for 3 and 4 hour hunts and the sling for longer stints.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the insight Rick. It may sound dumb but I honestly bought mine just becaused it looked like a good climber, and less because of the cranks. I figured I'd still start out at a steep angle(at least on the platform). The ability to keep the stand level was just a bonus for me.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Great ideas for a tree stand. The only problem that i can see with this stand could be any plastic parts involved with the stand and the durability of the cranks and the moving parts. I checked the web site and the price has gone up to $290 plys 24.95 shipping.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

The only plastic parts are the crank handles and the heavy thick plastic tube or coating which encloses the steel cable. Much better than the coating used on other cables I have seen or tried. The cranks move easily and the cable takes up very easily. Padded backstraps are also included.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I went out last night being it was so cool and climbed to a height of about 20'. Was very easy to climb and bites the tree like no other stand I have used. Once you pull the 2 straps to lock the stang to the tree it is rock solid. I was able to attach the sling seat with only a little effort, maybe 2 minutes at best.The cranks I will leave like they are, the little knobs they give you bent while packing the stand so I will use the screws with a little locktite.I am very happy with this stand and will now sell my Goliath.

Quick Reply: Equalizer Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.