Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Equalizer Tree Stands

Old 05-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Equalizer Tree Stands

Has anyone bought one of these stands? They look really good, especially since you can easily level the stand at any height by just turning a knob. Jackie Caudle is endorsing them now. I watched the video clip from the web page. Looked impressive, but I wasn't sure about how quiet etc. it would be.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Banned

Default RE: Equalizer Tree Stands

How about posting that web page. Never heard of them.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The webpage is: www.equalizertreestands.com
Let me know what you think.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Banned

I tell you what, I am very impressed. They are sending me a DVD. They told me a 3 yr warranty on all metal but no warranty on plastic or rubber. I stated my concern of having the hand crank wheel snag in the woods or bust and they said thatthey have only had a few break. They can be replaced but not for free. $270 and if you want the the safety rail $310. They weigh 20#'s and they are all aluminum. Looks way quieter then any climber on the market and that leveling system with that hand crank is really something. I'd say go for it. I may have to get one too. I have a Summit Viper and as with all climbers I've seen there is noise in getting the cables set up. Doesn't look so with these. Thanks for sharing. Hell ,I only have around 20 deer stands, might as well get another.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kind of thought the same way. I have a Summit Backpacker, but this stand looks pretty impressive. I may go ahead and give it a try.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Excalibur, I bought one in Feb.I have tried it a couple of times in my backyardand am very impressed with the stand. It sets up quicker and quieter than my summit viper.
I also like theflexability to change the seat position, even while up in the stand.
I have not had the chance to use it under actual hunting conditions as our bow season ends in January.
My advice would be to email them and have them send you a free DVD.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Banned

Hey Sideways; sure would appreciate it if you could tell us how quiet and comfortable the stand is to sit in. Actually stand up and move around in it and see if it squeaks or has any undesirable traits. I have a DVD coming from them. Do the hand cranks seem durable?Thanks; only if you have the time.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input Sideways. I just received my DVD today. I think I may try one out this fall.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Hardcore, the stand is very sturdy once in place and should be quiet but I cannot attest to that until I use it while hunting.
As far as comfort, I am not sure I would be comfortable falling asleep in this stand (I have done so in my viper)as you sit on top of the stand, not down in it. Sitting on top does make it easier to stand up for a shot.
I really would like to use it while actually hunting to get abetter perspective on the stand.
The hand cranks do appear durable and operated easily,I have not tried using them in extremly cold weather.
As always, a safety belt is needed (no otheroption)
Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

Well I just got my DVD and watched it tonite. The best climber I have ever seen. My Summit Viper doesn't hold a candle to this stand. I am going to order one before this fall and I have a Summit Viper for sale. This Hunting net is great!! Thanks for sharing guys.

Quick Reply: Equalizer Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.