Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Equalizer Tree Stands

Old 05-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Equalizer Tree Stands

I'm about 10 days behind on this post, but will add my opinion. I purchased one of these stands last year, just in time to use it about half a dozen times before the season expired. I LOVE IT.
I can climb trees that I would not have otherwise been able to get into and it is much quieter than my API Grand Slam with those dang chains. The cranks seem sturdy enough to me, but the bottom one is a little akward to operate...until you get use to it. Sideways is right, it's not as comfortable as a stand that you sit down in. I can sit (and nap if need be) all day in my API, but can't last more than about 4 hours in this rig. Sitting up straight like that gets to my back. It's also very cool to be able to turn the seat around and face the tree if you want.
If you have more questions, let me know.

P.S. Good to see you again sideways. Happy hunting.

Craig
Old 05-20-2006, 05:47 AM
Banned

Hey, I notice in the DVD that they sent me that they offer a sit down in seat that looks similiar to my Summit viper. They also show that you can turn your upper platform off to the side I believe to make access to that bottom handle easier. I am very impressede with this standafter watching the DVD.I know what you mean..my viper is very comfortable. It is just a little noisy installing the cables.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

I was wondering where you were Navy
Navy was kind enough to meet with me and demonstrate his Equalizer treestand before I bought mine.
If I remember correctly he has hunted out of his, so he would be the man to give a better opinion on this stand.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Hardcore, I remember seeing the same sit down type seat in the DVD, but could not see how it worked.
I will send them a request to see if they can show better details of the seat.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

Here is the reply to my email: [/align]The seat that you saw is called the Sling Seat. We do have them available for $22.00 plus $10.00 for shipping. Please call us at the number listed below to order the sling seat, as it is not on our online store.[/align]Best Regards,[/align]Gretchen
Equalizer Treestands
[/align]

You can get the phone number off of their website.

[/align]
Old 05-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Buckshot centreshot treestand which is the same stand without the levelling feature..I also have a Summit Viper ..I would say the viper is easier to setup and has the better seat. I think stability wise the Centreshot/equalizer is unbeatable as it really gets into a tree. If the centreshot/equalizer had the Summit seat and stirrupsit would be unbeatable.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Spike

I did hunt with the equalizer stand all last season...and I absolutley love it! It is a lot lighter than the old summit I used touse (it was iron) and it was a lot more comfortable to carry than the summit, because of the backpack styleshoulder straps. It was also slightly quieter to set up and use. The bar that encloses you an the top piece also makes you feel a little more secure in the stand while sitting. I bow hunt from mine, and did't have any problem with interference from this bar (I shoot sitting down) as long as I set the bottom and top pieces up correctly in the tree. However, this bar will limit you on very extreme down angle shots with a bow...but since I don't shoot at deer directly under my tree...it's not an issue.

The best thing about it was the sit-down climbing action. Between the lighter carry in, and the easy of climbing...I ended up seeing a lot more game because I wasn't sweatingfrom hiking in and climbing the tree. I didn't fully appreciate this until I took my old summit back out for a hunt to compare. The summit will never go out again, unless something happens to the equalizer.

The levelingfeature is also great, as I seem to frequently misjudge the tree diameter at the height I want to hunt from. WhenI used to hunt with the summit, I usually ended up going up and down a new tree a few times until I figured out the best angle to start at at the base of the tree.

I have found a few...very few...negatives with the equalizer. As mentioned, it does get a little uncomfortable after 4 hours or so. Also, the rubber band/straps that hold the seat on tend to stretch out over time. You can get replacements from equalizer...but it would be nice not to have to order new seat bands every other year or so. I might try to rig something up myself to correct that. The final thing was the plastic "hook" that is also used to anchor the seat down. I haven't had any problems with mine, but my brother broke his off. He blames it on the cold weather making the plastic brittle...he did break it on a very cold day...but it could have been operator error as well.

Ok,. sorry for the book. Overall, this is the best climbing stand I have ever used. I am very, very pleased with it.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

I looked at the on-line video and stopped it on the sling style seat they offer. It looks to be just a regular one like you can get off Ebay every day for $25 or so. I think with that style of seat you could settle in for a longer stay. I've always had problems with the fixed hard style seats after several hours.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

I called them. $15.00 for the seat, but they only have it in black.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Refreshing this thead from last year. I saw this stand atthe outdoor Show in Harrisburg Pa back in Jan this year along with DavidM. We both liked it very much and I'm sorry I didn't get it there as they had a show special price on it. I will order this stand with the sling seat after the MemorialDay holiday. I'm tired of hauling my Summit Goliath in, just seems so awkward. A friend (Supermag45) bought this stand when they were still owned by Buckshot and loved it. Not as big as the Goliath butthis dibeteshas me slimming down.

Quick Reply: Equalizer Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.