Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Equalizer Tree Stands

Old 11-24-2007, 10:00 PM

Default RE: Equalizer Tree Stands

Now that you have had a season to get aquainted with this unit, how do you like it?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've had a learning experience for sure but am very comfortable after a full season. I learned after breaking the crank handle off the foot platform on a trip in in the dark to use the little knobsfor attaching themto carrythe cranks in my pouch and attach them at the tree, also attaching them both to the outside aids greatly in turning them for adjustment. BTW, Equalizer sent me a new crank and a set of knobs free. I took the Summitsling seat off and put the hardsling seat from Equalizer back on because I didn't like the tri fold of Summits seat when putting the stand together for backpacking. I don't like the hardness of Equalizer's sling seat but it is the better of the 2 for folding up. I don't like the standard seat as it putsyou up too high as it rests on the top rail. I wish the stand would fit trees up to 22 inch's but then the stand would be too big. I like the way it folds up as I can pack a coat and fanny pack on the stand under the sling seat without fear of it falling out on the trek in or out of the woods as the seat holds it in tight once cinched down. Over all I am very pleased with this stand. Now if I could just find a hang on with everything I want incorporated in it.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 AM

I'm debating between this stand and the Summit Viper or 180, this would be my first climbing tree stand, any help as to which direction I should go?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I prefer the hard padded seat over the sling seat.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I prefer the hard padded seat over the sling seat.
That's because your short.
Eddie, I had the Summit Golioth which is a bigger version of the Viper and like this Equalizer heads over heals.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

I used one last season and love it. Everyone has their likes and dislikesand after trying just about every other brand, I finally found theone for me. I use mine facing the tree and use a realtree easy hanger as ashooting rest. Mine also has the adjustable safety bar(backrest) and gun cradles.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

i guess it's just preferance but i've used an Equalizer before and i think my Summit is quiter and more comfortable.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

For some reason my behind doesn't like a sling seat. Likes ahardseat. Plus I like the fact I can level out the equalizer.Also it is rock solid on the tree.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:03 PM

Hello all. New here. Hate to bump such an old topic. But is this still as good a tree stand as it was in 07-08 when this thread was active? Thinking about buying one. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

yep, still a good stand. I have used mine for 2 seasons now. Best stand I have used.

Quick Reply: Equalizer Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.