Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Buffalo or Wild Boars

Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buffalo or Wild Boars

Which of the two animals would you choose to hunt and why?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Buffalo or Wild Boars

Buffalo if I could. I can hunt hogs any day any time of the year in Texas. What an awesome experience it would be to take a buffalo with a bow.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Buffalo if I could. I can hunt hogs any day any time of the year in Texas. What an awesome experience it would be to take a buffalo with a bow.
Rev, check out this website - http://www.sweetwatercreekbowhunt.com/packages.htm- I have a buffalo hunt booked for November. Very reasonable prices.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have taken 1 Buffalo & am planning on setting a Bowhunt up for my Daughter-the meat is great & going for a Cow. I have Taken MANY hogs & it is never "NOT FUN".
We don't have wild hogs in the Midwest soI make 2-3 or more if possible trips through the year to Tx. or Oklahoma. Headed to Oklahoma in 2 weeks just for that....
I want to set up a hound/hog Bowhunt for my Daughter & one son also since neither has taken a hog & I want them to experience that EXCITEMENT with hounds.
Stand & stalking is fun but nothing like being charged by a pissed off hog bitten in the ARS by a hound....

Old 05-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt Buff on my friends ranch in Utah and grind it all into hamburger. Lasts the entire year. While they are on 15,000 acres still won't call it a hunt. But my 50 cal. muzzy gets the job done. Also take several hogs on my uncles place in Texas. Mostly stay with the 80 to 120 pounders nice chops. But if I had to just do one in my case I'd go with the buff. But hog hunting with dogs is hard to beat for some good excitment.

Goatslayer........