Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ohio Wild Boars >

Ohio Wild Boars

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Wild Boars

Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default Ohio Wild Boars

Hey guys. I live in north east ohio. I am looking for a place in Ohio to hunt wild boars, hopefully on state game lands somewhere. Does anyone know where I can find a map showing where boar populations are? or does anyone know anywhere in Northeast Ohio where there are wild boars?
also, any farmers that wanted them shot off their land don't be afraid to let me know, I'd gladly come hunt them. thanks!
-Jake
Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ohio Wild Boars

The only thing i could think of would be to call the local division of wildlife to see if they could give any info. Egypt valley wildlife area might have some population of boar. There is a game preserve close that has boar on the property and they usually find some way out to open land. Hunters around that area have killed many boar each year during deer season. Along with having pics of them on their game cameras.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ohio Wild Boars

Off the Ohio DNR website.

Wild boars have been reported in Belmont, Guernsey, Noble, Morgan, Hocking, Vinton, Washington, Gallia, Lawrence, Scioto, Butler, Preble, Logan and Champaign counties. The rangy-looking non-native members of the domestic swine family are increasing their distribution in Ohio, according to state wildlife biologists.