Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Help in South Carolina

Old 01-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Help in South Carolina

Hey Guys,

I have hunted at Grahams Turnout in the past and really enjoyed the experience. Great costs and accomodations and there were hogs everywhere. Unfortunately, Randy moved to Texas and I think the owner closed the operation. Does anyone know if the place is open or if there is a new owner and name? We paid something like $200 a day and were able to take a hog at each sitting. Does anyone know of a deal like that at another place in South Carolina? I know that Bostick is down there, but I have heard some bad things about that operation. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help in South Carolina

We heard that Grahams Turnout is closed. Since the DNR outlawed releasing any hog into the wild for any reason that has closed several hunting operations doing such. Hogs in the wildwill become nocturnal and/or move miles and for weeks at a time before returning to an area with just the slightest hunting pressure. That makes it impossible to have a successful hunting operation for paying clients without having a fenced area. Then the problem is that if it is a small area it becomes more of a shoot than a hunt. If it is a large area with plenty of cover and enough hogs to sustain a huntable population for paying clients to come weekly for months and still have a good chance at being successful, it costs a lot of money to keep thatoperation going. Therefore the price of a boar hunt is going to be higher than one where there was no expenditure other than buying or trapping hogs to releaseand then baiting them in the area where they were going to be hunted.That being saidthere aren't many cheap good places tohog hunt unless onehas access to a deer club on a river swamp and I haven't heard of any of those that offer daily or weekend hunts for a fee for non-members. The Buck& Boar Lodge in Calhoun county has an 800 acrehunting area andhaspure european boarbloodlines stocked. It has a high success rate and many return clients. It is just more expensive than most. But there you get what you pay for.Good Luck
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

take a look at Bucks and Boar, i havent hunted there yet but have spoken to few that have and they do a great job. i spoke to the owner and he has some monsters out there
Old 01-23-2008, 01:30 PM

I hunted Bostick in Spring of 06. I nailed a huge boar my first day out there but all I saw the rest of my 5 day hunt was armadillo and a diseased sow that I shot out of mercy but couldn't even stand to keep the carcass. Take it for what it's worth.