Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

South Carolina hog

Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default South Carolina hog

Took this guy on friday, field dressed at 145 lbs.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 AM

Default RE: South Carolina hog

That's a nice lookin pig you got there. Where in SC did you get him. I'm from the Savannah GA area, and lookng to shoot some pigs next year when I get home.

May seem like a dumb question but since the little black gun is made in alot of calbers lately.. you take that pig with .223?

Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Dominant Buck

WTG........Congrat's
Old 08-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: kdvollmer

May seem like a dumb question but since the little black gun is made in alot of calbers lately.. you take that pig with .223?
This is BloodbrotherBob a buddy on another Forum and the Rifle he put together.

It is 99% DPMS Panther Arms AR-15 / 223Rem using 55gr standard soft point bullets. It has a Barska 3x9x42mm scope with illuminated recticle and 500 yard bullet drop compensator. The stock is from a colt. It has alot of attitude packed in it as well!

Mine was estimated at 260#
Standard 55gr softpoint which busted his rib on the way in and lodged in the hyde on the far side, it mushroomed nicely.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice looking pig
Old 08-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kdvollmer

That's a nice lookin pig you got there. Where in SC did you get him. I'm from the Savannah GA area, and lookng to shoot some pigs next year when I get home.

Thanks, I took him in Abbeville county near Lake Russell

Rebel Hog is running a similar setup to mine. I built my lower from a forging and added a complete rifle kit from J.T. Surplus (now called Delta I think). It is a .223 model and I have a 30 mm BSA red dot with a homemade adapter that allows me to slip my nightvision monocular in behind it for nighttime varmit hunts.

I also am shooting Remington PSP 55 grain. Bullet broke a shoulder, backbone and still passed through.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:03 PM

Nice i went deer hunting today with my bow in dillon county and a hog walked out so i shot him. He was broadside and i shot him kinda low in the backof the shoulder we tracked him for about 200 yards to a wallow but turned back b/c we it got thick and it was dark.i hope to go back tomorrow and find him. do you thing he was killed? we found a little blood but not alot.