Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Quick Release Scope Rings >

Quick Release Scope Rings

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Quick Release Scope Rings

Old 09-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Quick Release Scope Rings

CalNewbie ...believe their vertical rings are powdered metal that is machined after at least that is what I read somewhere. I had their old rings which were more expensive actually at the time then the new ones are and Ihad a lot of problems with them quality wise. If you like them and they hold your scope properly without slipping then they finally changed their design and made them better. I could not get my scope from slipping in them under 7MAg recoil...and I tried rosin,small pieces of sandpaper etc etc.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Maxima QD rings and bases are the only way to go for me.
Solid as a rock and return to zero! What more could you want? Plus there is more steel holding your rings to the base/s than the Leoupold offers with their mounting system.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:09 AM

Oldelkhunter - Interesting. Warne's discontinued Premier line is/was "machined from solid alloy steel" however I haven't seen any reference to the how the Maxima line is made, other than the previously mentioned statement on the powder coating.

Those vertical rings are a bit of a pain to install, but they're on now. While I am happy with them I seriously doubt that my heavy (10 pound) 22-250 varmint rifle will ever put the recoil strain on them that your 7mm mag rig did!