Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Quick Release Scope Rings >

Quick Release Scope Rings

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Quick Release Scope Rings

Old 09-01-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Quick Release Scope Rings

Anyone have luck with any of the quick release scope rings/bases out there? I have read that Talley is about the best and will actually return to zero when remounted but they are big $$$ for bases and rings. What about Leupold's ? Weaver rail ? I would like to have one rifle with two scopes that I have pre zeroed, so I could change them out in the field depending on the conditions. I have read what the advertisments claim but I am looking for actual results from users of Quick Detach Scope Mounts, thanks.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Quick Release Scope Rings

USMC, I asked a while back on a number of forums for experience specific to Leupold QR system. All the replies were very positive and worked as advertised return to within 1/2' of POI. One poster said buy the talleys, but I did have a few that said the Leupolds they felt were just as good having experience with a number. I posted it in the ML forum here due to that is where they were going, only received replies about Leupold. I know their have been a few similar posts in the past you may want to try a search for more info.

Anyway I bought the QR's for my MLer and am happy. They do work but they do not return to the exact POI everytime 3/8-1/2" shift seems to be the norm. I have removed the scope for cleaning several times, which is really why I wanted these mounts. If you have weaver bases already on the rifles in question you may want to consider the PRW's. The QRW's I wasn't to impressed with though.

Good luck
Old 09-01-2004, 02:42 PM
bigcountry

I had the A.R.M.S version on a tactical rifle. But thats a 230 dollar mounting system. It would come back to Zero every time. I want to try the QR on my muzzleloader. But they want double the money for the bases.

Old 09-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have tried Leupolds on a few rifles and they are just OK.. I understand Talleys return to zero and are more precise but almost twice the price. I owned EAW mounts at one time before they got ridiculous price wise and they were as exact as having fixed rings.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:19 PM

I have the Warne quick release rings and bases on a varmint rifle. So far no problems, but I really haven't taken the scope on and off enough to give it a real thorough workout. However, the reason I picked Warne is that others stated that they were very good about holding the zero.

http://www.warnescopemounts.com/
Old 09-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can second the performanc of the Warne QR's They are flawless In My Expierence.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a set of Leupold QR on one of my rifles. I can’t really say on how well they perform at this time because I haven’t used them that much. The main reason I bought them was to clean the scope and the rifle with ease as Skeeter mentioned. I also like to remove the scope when I store the rifle in my gun safe. I find them to well designed at this time but don’t think I would get another set until I tested the rings for my self.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

New Warne Rings equal Powdered Metal unless I am completely wrong. I used to own the old detachable machined steel rings and they sucked.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I sighted my deer rifle in with 2 different scopes using Leupold QR rings. I changed scopes depending on the cover I was hunting. I probley changed scopes 15 times and shot 3 deer. The rings did good. During and after season I shot groups with both scopes to make sure the scopes were returning to zero. The figure of 1/2" is about right ,almose all in windage .My test groups are 1/2" either side of origanel zero. Thats just 1" at 200 yd ,I can be that far off with a poor trigger pull . I plan on sets for other rifles this fall.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:52 PM

New Warne Rings equal Powdered Metal unless I am completely wrong.
I'm going to differ with oldelkhunter on this one, or at least ask for more information. What rings are you refering to? The finish uses "a powder coating process that is used by Zeiss and Nikon on their finest scopes." Perhaps that's what you're referring to?

I picked up a set of Maxima rings and bases earlier this year and I can tell you that they're very solid.

Quick Reply: Quick Release Scope Rings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.