Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Quick Release Scope Rings >

Quick Release Scope Rings

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Quick Release Scope Rings

Old 01-04-2002, 04:06 PM
bigcountry

Default Quick Release Scope Rings

Just picked up a tactical rifle, used, at a gun store. It has A.R.M.S Quick Throw rings and base on it. Looks very expensive according to this web site.
http://www.mountsplus.com/products/ARMS/arms-22M.htm

Does anyone know if they are good or not? I am temped to take off and put Leupold rings and base on. It is hard for me to trust quick release items.

Old 01-04-2002, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quick Release Scope Rings

Heck,try them.Shoot a few rounds. Take it off,put it back on and see what happens.You've got em why not try em. At least its another reason to shoot a few rounds.

Edited by - keylargo on 01/04/2002 20:18:41
Old 01-05-2002, 07:51 AM

You won't hear much about A.R.M.S. products if you shop retail stores, but mil-surp shooters know A.R.M.S. mounts and rings are top of the line.

Return to zero with A.R.M.S. removable mounts or QD rings is as good as you'll find if you need that sort of thing.

Edited by - WiFAL on 01/05/2002 08:53:24
Old 01-05-2002, 04:25 PM
bigcountry

Well, I tried them today. They work as described. The point of impact changed about .5MOA on one set groups but held right on zero on the 4 others. Held good groups. Still think I will take them off and sell somewhere. If someone is interested, let me know. I just don't have the need to take off and on. I feel better with a good set of Leupold bases and rings. These seem to push the scope up too high off the barrel for my taste. Alot cheaper too for the leupolds. It is handy being able to take off while cleaning.