Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Scoping a Ruger 99-44 (Deerfield) >

Scoping a Ruger 99-44 (Deerfield)

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scoping a Ruger 99-44 (Deerfield)

Old 03-23-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Scoping a Ruger 99-44 (Deerfield)

Looking for help and or guidance. Has anyone heard of or come across an adaptor type mount that would provide for a weaver style base to be attached to a Ruger 99-44 (Deerfield) which has the Ruger integral rail and ring slots for Ruger style rings. I want to mount a Bushnell HaloSight on the Ruger The HaloSight can only be mounted on a Weaver style base. I know I could have one made by a gunsmith but this would be a costly route - one I'd like to avoid.

I contacted Ruger and was told they believe some company is making such an adaptor but didn't know who?

Any help would be appreciated. gg.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scoping a Ruger 99-44 (Deerfield)

I don't know who exactly it is either, but it kind of seems like my old gunsmith saying either Numerich or Brownells had them when I bought my Deerfield, I never wanted to scope it, so I never really looked into it, he's passed on now, otherwise I'd call him and ask him for you.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:32 PM

Nomercy

Thanks for the heads up on Brownells.....I checked them out and they do sell a weaver style base for the ruger, it's made by Warne. It's listed as being for the Mini 30 and others but the 99-44 isn't included. I figured if it will fit the Mini 30 it should fit the 99-44. I checked with Warne and they said it'll fit the 99-44. I also confirmed with Ruger that the ring slots are the same distance apart as the mini 30. I placed the order and should have it in a few days. Thanks again. gg.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:24 AM

I did that to my Deerfield, go here: http://www.jackweigand.com/ranch.html

It works awesome !!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:27 AM

Heres a pic, hope this works: