Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Deerfield Plantation, SC

Old 01-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Spike

Default Deerfield Plantation, SC

Anyone ever stay and hunt for hogs with a service in St. George South Carolina called
Deerfield Plantation?

Interested in booking hunt. 850.00 for 3 days/2 hogs per day, lodging and meals included.

Any comments? Will be taking 9 yr old son along. Looking for best bang for the $$.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deerfield Plantation, SC

i have been down 2 times killed 5 hogs.do not go on full moon and if it is hot the hogs do not move much.the hosepitality and the food i would give them a 10 on.if you go down tell whoop zerb said hi he is 1 of the guides good luck
Old 01-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Spike

Thanks for the response. I appreciate any info you have or would like to share.

They tell me that it is a 2 hog/day limit. Is it possible to limit out? Did you see enough hogs to reach your limit? How many hogs per day did you see or have the chance to draw down on? As for stand sites and shots, comfortable stands, seating for father & son? How far were the shots on average? Average size of hogs?

Thanks again for the info. I look forward to your response.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

the first year 4 of us we went down killed 4 hogs and had 5 get away.the 2nd year 7 went down we killed 6 lost 7.it is fair chase they are not let go.the mornings are slow we only killed 1 in the morning.the stands are nice and in good shape.6 of my buddys went down this year they killed 4 hogs and did not see many it was full moon and in the 80s not a good time to go
Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...y/DCP_0489.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...y/DCP_0490.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...y/DCP_0484.jpg
Old 01-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Spike

Shump,

Thanks again for the reposnse and the photos too.

I have locked in the hunt at the most recent Sportsman Show and the hunt is good for 2007 and 2008 season, my choice of dates, provided of course there are openings.

Myself and my 8 year old son are heading down there hopefully President's weekend in 2008. Mid February should have cooler temps, I just have to look up the moon phases.

I want to use my smokepole and my son will probably be able to handle a slug gun or 30/30 rifle. I'm hoping the shots are 50 yards or less for my son's sake.

As far as hog size, I want to hold out for good tusks so we can both get good mounts. How is their taxidermy service?

Give me a shout if you want on my cell. Email at [email protected] so we can swap numbers.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Spike

I just took a quick look at the Deerfield Plantation link - its $1,200 for a 3-day Deer, Turkey or Boar hunt. That's a good amount of dough for a hog!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

hogs are only $850.00 for 3 days if you call them
Old 02-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Spike

I booked a hunt for myself and my 9 yr old for 850.00 for 3 days. One hog morning hunt, one hog afternoon hunt for 3 days. Up to 6 hogs total, however, the 850.00 is for only for one gunner. The "non-hunter" is an additional 150 per day. Costs include 3 hots and a cot.
For up to 6 hogs, $850 seems like a good deal.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

That's a fair price for a good hunt. If you're looking for a hog to mount, don't wait for teeth. Shoot a good looking hog even if it is a sow. Some of the biggest boars break their tusks fighting.The taxidermist doesn't use the actual teeth in the mount. They have a whole replica mouth that is used for the open mouth mount. Make sure and ask for the competition mouth. It looks much better.The teeth are hollow and usually split after they dry out. Often they are filled with JB Weld and mounted on a tusk plaque or put on a necklace. Look at their work first before you commit. Phillip of Bull Swamp Creations has mounted hundreds of our hogs and won state competitions with his work.

Quick Reply: Deerfield Plantation, SC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.