Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
what the **** >

what the ****

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what the ****

Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default what the ****

Ok I am on vent here,
First I know any gun on any person is a nerving thing for a non carrier

I am a big guy ok, I look huge ok, I can deal with that.

The what seems to be a large stereotype that all fat guys are mean, dangoours and right now rude is way over the top.

As a kid I was the fat boy you picked on, as a teenage I was the fat young man who at times might pick back yes I always won in the end. I was never the mean rude guy or bullied others.

As an adult it seem people go out of their way to avoid contact with me for some reason thinking I am the big old fat guy who might destroy Tokyo

We go to sams club, everyone gets asked for the member card, I NEVER HAVE, makes getting in easy I guess. I asked one day a guy said why ask you, you might throw me through the wall to get in . Sure could be no one could forget my face though.

Someone calls the cops seems I am the first subject for who hit who first.

I got my conceal carry gun permit and had someone ask, why do you need to carry heck you could just tap them on the chest and they would fall over. or the old one, I would hate to run into you in a dark ally
Heck I walked into a bank once with a coat on(it was 30) the guard asked me why I was there, I said to cash a check, he said ohh wanted to make sure you went here to rob the place How many 6'5 490 pound bank robbers do you see, I mean dam by the time I walked to my car the cops would have the cuffs on, plus I can here it now, we are looking for a 495 pound 6 foot 5 male, anyone know any Not like you ant thinking of me first

Today I go to a indoor range to practice drawing and firing with my new holster, which is a type I have never used. I carry a 45acp glock, not a small gun by no means. I come out with a target that would impress Clint Eastwood, and a black couple follows, the woman tells me ohh I saw you carrying that tinny gun I figured a big guy like you would have a great big cannon . First how is a glock 21 tiny, sure in my hands a mac truck looks small, but come on, second why would you think every big guy needs a huge gun, better hit what your aiming at quickly then have a cannon that blows holes out of the wall next to the target.

Second why do so many seem to think just because I am big guy I feel the need to SMASH everything around me?

be it a 50 cal desert eagle or a 38 rev a gun is only as good as the person aiming it.

You might think us big guys mean city destroying men but we are all just big teddy bears.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Dude; Your looking at this all the wrong way. 6'5" is a big man man weather he weighs 250 or 500lbs. When a man walks in anywhere and towers above everyone else in the room most other people are in awww! I'm a rather short stalky guy myself, I have a guy that works for me that is 6'4" and trust me when we walk in somewhere together everyone ask's, hey how tall are you, trust me, they aren't asking how tall I am . Never do they ask, hey how much do you weigh.

Like I said, look at this from a perspective from the guys you tower over, most are just looking to start a conversation and don't know a better way to do it. Stand tall and be proud no matter what you weigh.

Please don't take offence to my reply to the carry question, there was no malice intended.

BTW my best freind is about 6'3' and is in the neighborhood of 400lbs. The only thing that he can do that upsets me is chug beer faster than I can, otherwise I look at him no differently than anyone else.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

you make a good point, it is not really the carry thing as much as just the size thing. I do get some are worried I could rip them in half, but I have seen people just generally worry about what I might do cause of my size
Originally Posted by gunnermhr
Dude; Your looking at this all the wrong way. 6'5" is a big man man weather he weighs 250 or 500lbs. When a man walks in anywhere and towers above everyone else in the room most other people are in awww! I'm a rather short stalky guy myself, I have a guy that works for me that is 6'4" and trust me when we walk in somewhere together everyone ask's, hey how tall are you, trust me, they aren't asking how tall I am . Never do they ask, hey how much do you weigh.

Like I said, look at this from a perspective from the guys you tower over, most are just looking to start a conversation and don't know a better way to do it. Stand tall and be proud no matter what you weigh.

Please don't take offence to my reply to the carry question, there was no malice intended.

BTW my best freind is about 6'3' and is in the neighborhood of 400lbs. The only thing that he can do that upsets me is chug beer faster than I can, otherwise I look at him no differently than anyone else.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey BT it might be tough being a big fella but I don't know about that. But, if someone asks you why you carry, just say "because I have a right to protect me, my loved ones and even you."
Old 02-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gunnermhr

I agree, and this message is coming from another rather short, stocky guy!

bigtim, i understand that people's first impression reactions/comments can get old after awhile. Especially if it happens alot. Try to not take offense to it. As gunner stated, MOST people do not mean any harm by what they say. Most are only trying to start conversation or "break the ice" in the best or perhaps the only way they know how.

There will always be a jerk in the crowd but trust me we ALL have to deal with that jerk once in awhile.

Remember bigtim, little boys don't want to grow up to be small and short- they want to grow up to be BIG AND TALL!!!!!!!!!!

Stand tall brother.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

6'5'' and 490-pounds.

Dude you are too big not to stand out in the room.
The average american male is 5'10'' tall. I do not know the average weight of the average american male?
I am 6'1'' and 200-pounds, and some people think I am big.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen guys that are 5'5" that are bigger men than guys that are 6'5".
I don't judge ........ it's not my job to. A persons stature doesn't phase me personally. What comes out of that persons heart is what he/she should be accepted or rejected by.