HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what the ****
Thread: what the ****
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 12:59 AM
quake
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gunnermhr
Dude; Your looking at this all the wrong way. 6'5" is a big man man weather he weighs 250 or 500lbs. When a man walks in anywhere and towers above everyone else in the room most other people are in awww! I'm a rather short stalky guy myself, I have a guy that works for me that is 6'4" and trust me when we walk in somewhere together everyone ask's, hey how tall are you, trust me, they aren't asking how tall I am . Never do they ask, hey how much do you weigh.

Like I said, look at this from a perspective from the guys you tower over, most are just looking to start a conversation and don't know a better way to do it. Stand tall and be proud no matter what you weigh.
I agree, and this message is coming from another rather short, stocky guy!

bigtim, i understand that people's first impression reactions/comments can get old after awhile. Especially if it happens alot. Try to not take offense to it. As gunner stated, MOST people do not mean any harm by what they say. Most are only trying to start conversation or "break the ice" in the best or perhaps the only way they know how.

There will always be a jerk in the crowd but trust me we ALL have to deal with that jerk once in awhile.

Remember bigtim, little boys don't want to grow up to be small and short- they want to grow up to be BIG AND TALL!!!!!!!!!!

Stand tall brother.