Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

old

Old 03-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun deal

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-19-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have EVERY right to be pissed! That happened to me 1 time on an car deal.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

A man is only as good as his word and obviously his sucked..it might just be a blessing in disguise ..if his word was no good maybe the gun wasent either ...

dd
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

A man is only as good as his word and obviously his sucked..it might just be a blessing in disguise ..if his word was no good maybe the gun wasent either ...

dd
X2 If a guy can't keep his word, he's not woth much. I wouldn't want to do business with someone like that. If he is dishonest in his sales, he's probably dishonest in his aquisition's. I would have been very pissed. Your probably a good dude to be able to bite yourtoungeand just leave. What comes around goes around and he will get his.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

dd
X2 If a guy can't keep his word, he's not woth much. I wouldn't want to do business with someone like that. If he is dishonest in his sales, he's probably dishonest in his aquisition's. I would have been very pissed. Your probably a good dude to be able to bite yourtoungeand just leave. What comes around goes around and he will get his.
X3

You probably got lucky that you DIDN'T buy the gun if that's the type of person you were to deal with. I know it still sucks to drive all that way but it was probably for the best the deal went south....take some solace in that.

If you buy and sell as many guns as I have over the years, you are BOUND to run into folks like this either on the buying or selling end. I just keep to my word and move on if the deal goes south, there's not much more you can do.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

I had a different experience with an aluminum canoe. The ad said $200 but when I called I was told that it had been sold. The guy said that his brother-in-law had called him and had the same canoe and wanted to sell his too. They had gotten the canoes at the same time when the kids were in scouts.

I called the B.I.L. and was told that he wanted $220 (still a good deal), I agreed, got his address, got cash,and showed up when I said I would. He sold me the canoe as promised but told me this- "I've got to call a couple of guys back to tell them that you showed up. If you had not........both of them offered $100 more, but a deal is a deal."

Some people do have honor. BTW- I had an hour's drive too.

Bob
Old 04-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Spike

I've got a story that might make you feel better. A few years ago, I was picking up some groceries at the local Wal-Mart at around 11 or so. I noticed they had a syn stocked Weatherby Vanguard in .270 marked down to $150. Yeah, $150. I found an associate, and asked to buy it. She said come back at 5:00 am because they weren't allowed to sell firearms until then. I showed up at 4:45 only to have someone else already filling out the paperwork. I still get mad when I think about that one...
Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

if you're not gonna wait and hold something, you should say hey, if someone comes ahead of you with the money it's gone. I've bought and sold many items, and have been totally blown off, people say oh ya I'll be there 6pm tomorrow, and never show, never call, etc... so after a few of those you learn hey first person with the cash, but at the sametime, if someone says they'll be waiting for ya...

I once drove 2hrs to go look at an atv I was pretty certain I wanted to buy, I show up, the guys son who's like 20yrs old answers the door, says "my dad just left for work" I was also baffled. The guy told me sure come anytime is good. I missed him by a few minutes supposedly. Then I was like ok, well can you show me the atv at least? he says his dad locked it in the garage and is the only one with the keys, ie didn't trust his son in his garage? was able to peek through the windows at it, which turned out to be a POS....not what the guy really said it was.

Some people are just jerks with no class, he did offer to drive it down the next day, but I was still fuming told him don't bother, should've told him sure....meet me at the home depot....then not even have showed up...

live n learn I guess. but I think in the future I'd let the guy have a piece of my mind.