Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Springfield XD

Old 08-02-2008, 11:07 AM

Default Springfield XD

I just want to see what everyone has to say about the Springfield XD series pistols. I stopped in the gun shop whyle waiting for lunch and one happend to follow me home. Its the sub-compact in 40 S&W. It felt good in my hands. I normally dont like polymer guns but ti was worth a try.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Springfield XD

The Springffield XD series of pistols have a good reputation of being a solid preformer around here and recently picked up the new XD model to try. I have only ran 100 or so rounds through it and so far itpoints and shootswell. I like being able to change the grip inserts and the improved trigger, though it could stand some work on it. In the future though I find myself changing out the factory sights and going with Heinie's.

Here'smy .40 S&WXDM

Old 08-02-2008, 12:49 PM

Mine fits my hand very good so i really dont need the changeable grips and the trigger is extremely light. Mine is all black. I do like the look of the stainless slide on yours though.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:27 PM

That's the gun and caliber I got for my wife. She's not a shooter, but reminds me to "bring the gun" when we go camping. I've created a MOnster.
I recently bought a Glock 30 in the .45 ACP I had the opportunity to shoot both side by side. Granted, you're comparing .45 to .40, but you can still tell how great the XD shoots next to the more expensive and renouned Glock. I almost got the .45 in an XD and didn't only because I was considering what MIGHT be re-sale value. (The Glockretaining more). And the Glock was only $50.00 more. And I had to "one-up" the little woman!
You'll love the XD. Very good shooter. I particularly liked the wayit returns to target so easily. No real hand fatigue.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:21 PM

My dad has the XD in a 45. I jsut never got to shoot it. His is just the compact model though. I wanted the sub compact for concealed carry. Otherwise i would have got it in 45.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one in a 45. Shoots well, points great, is reliable, easy to clean. All around a good pistol.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will love the gun, no doubts in my mind. I've had the XD 40 Tactical since it came out, and have had 0 malfunctions to date. It shoots just as good, if not better than my Kimber 1911.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

I can think of no better made semi auto on the market...I've shot most of the models and for the money their hard to beat.. Mine is the ported model in .40 S&W.. If I only could change something.. an adjustable sight.. never had a single ejection or jamming problem..
Old 08-03-2008, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care for 'em as they don't fit my hand very well. God guns I'm sure just not for me. I always gotta ask though...If these guns are so fantastic and thier owners saying how great they are, I wonder if thier only clamoring over the rollmark. These are simply a HS2000 with a different rollmark, differnt marketing name, that's it. Nobody cared at all when they were marked HS2000 but change that name on the side to Soringfield Armory and suddenly they're the greatest little pistol ever prodcued. Just shows what brand will do. Wonder how great a Hi-Point becomes if they were marked "Glock"?
Old 08-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

maine shooter; That just goes to show that a lot can be said for marketing. They had a great product, but nobody cared about the thing because it never grabbed their attention.