Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Springfield XDM 9mm >

Springfield XDM 9mm

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Springfield XDM 9mm

Old 12-23-2008, 07:37 PM

Default Springfield XDM 9mm

Let me tell you, this is one heckuva gun. I have always been a .45 guy, going for a big bullet for stopping power, but the years are catching up with me and the accuracy with my 4" SIG P245 isn't always consistent, especially with the DA/SA conversion between shot one and the rest. I figure a cannon is not any good if you don't hit what you aim at. So, with no 9MM's in my arsenal, any much research on the XDM, I bit the bullet and bought one. This gun can shoot a lot better than I can aim, and I am able to keep all rounds in a nice shot group - although your hand gets a little tired after NINETEEN shots finally empty the magazine! It feels good, it shoots straight, and the weight is not overbearing, even with a full mag. I can reload for about $0.10 a round and shoot quite a bit without breaking the bank. I have seen a lot of varied prices, but it looks like anything under $600 would be a real good price. WIth all the goodies it comes with, you won't be sorry with the purchase - ang the mag loader they supply is a welcome assessory!