Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka Rifles >

Tikka Rifles

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka Rifles

Old 02-14-2003, 09:46 PM

Default RE: Tikka Rifles

Skeeter, actually Winchester does offer the featherweight in LH WSM. Also Savage makes a stainless LH in WSM cartridges. I got a quote for The Savage SS LH in 300WSM, the quote was $469 at a local gunshop. I really like stainless stuff, dont know why cuz I keep my guns spotless, I wipe them down once a week (prob too much) but I do it anyway. I looked at a Win 300WSM in stainless RH and the stock was synthetic, was also touching in a few spots, may be the way it was designed to be, dunno. You hear a lot about the dollar bill test nowadays. I have read articles about how some rifles shoot better if they touch in certain spots. I dont have enough rifles or the know how to test this theory. Anyway, ramble ramble ramble. I am interested in the Tikka line if they make it in WSM LH. Everything I have heard seems to be good and inexpensive.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well colour me PINK, sorry about that. When I looked the shops had nothing, nor could get a LH model. However I never looked at Savage, really only the Abolts.

Good to know, thanks. I opted for the 7 rem mag in 700BDL DM.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:19 AM

I was just checking LH availibility on the WSM' s and came up with this info -
Savage available in weather warrior and hunter series
Browning available in A bolt hunter and medallion
Winchester available in featherweight and custom shop
Kimber available in 8400 classic
no word on the weatherby,ruger,and howa offerings yet.

woods
Old 02-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not that it matters now, but that kind of ticks me off. I called Browning last summer to see if they planned on adding the 300WSM in Left with the medallion and was told NO, not at this time.

I am still very happy with my 7 mag and not sure I would have even opted for the WSM.It would have been nice to have the choice or at least known that it would be a choice soon!
Old 02-15-2003, 04:20 PM

I think they are all flying by the seat of their pants on this short mag thing with new guns appearing all the time.Nobody wants to get upstaged or caught looking like they don' t know what their doing.[:-]

woods
Old 02-15-2003, 04:55 PM

I went to a gun show this morning and only found reloadable brass for a 270 WSM. I did not see any dies for them tho, nada. I guess since it is new it will take a little bit before the reloading supplies become readily available. One of these days I will buy a new rifle in one of the WSM cartridges in LH. We are always the last to get the good stuff.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

True, but you would think it would be on the tables well inadvance. I guess it goes to show you how the market reacts, how quickly the manufacturers can too. Gotta strike while the irons hot.