Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka T3 Rifles >

Tikka T3 Rifles

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 Rifles

Old 11-03-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Tikka T3 Rifles

What dose everyone have to say about Tikka T3 Rifles? I havnt herd much about them. I know they are made by Sako. I was looking at one at the local gun shop today. Its a Stainless Lite in 300 WSM. Im not sure if i like the detachable mag though. It has a 3 round plastic mag. Other then that it seemed like a well made rifle. It was extremely light. Well lets see what everyone has to say. Hopefully i can wait to go get a new rifle. There is also a Ruger M77 Hawkeye there in 7mm Mag but i like the feel of the Tikka better.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Tikka T3 Rifles

i just got one a week ago and in about 3hr it is shooting one hole grops at 100 yds with hand loads the rifel feels good the trigger is great i dont have a singel complant i was shooting a ruger be for this and it was a good rifle but even with my hand loads i couldn't get it to shoot that good i had it for about 15 yrs i would buy one again
Old 11-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to do a search for posts about the tikka as there are many. Generally you will find many like them. I love mine. Cannnot beat the 1 moa guarantee, imo.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't be afraid of the synthetic magazine,as they are very durable.The t-3 has a good trigger,and the ones that I have fired easily shot sub moa with several loads.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:51 AM

Ok. Its nice to hear good things on here. Now i have the hard choice of The T3 Lite in 338 Win Mag or the T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSM. Im prob gonna get the 300 WSM but im worried about finding ammo for it. I also think the 338 Win Mag is a little big for deer. THis will be my deer and bear mostly, Then the occasional trip for hogs, moose, elk, and whatever else we decide to go hunt.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 300wsm will be fine for all game up to and including elk and moose.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

The 300wsm will be fine for all game up to and including elk and moose.
Agreed. As well I have the opportunity to fire a T3 lite chambered in a 338wm recently, the report was healthy and more so then 338's I have handled. The 300wsm is about all I'd want in the T3 lite package interms of recoil. A sims or pachymer recoil pad would be a welcomed add on.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Picked one up in the .308 Caliber, and it is one heck of an accurate shooter!! Love this gun!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Well as of right now im going to go get the Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSM tommorow after work. I still wanna talk to 2 guys i go hunting with and see what they say. Ive ruled out the 338 Win Mag but still have a choice of a Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 7mm Mag. Thanks for everyones input.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot one today and was very impressed. I want to get one now

A friend of mine recently bought one and we took it to the range to sight it in. The trigger was incredibly light, the action was smooth as butter, and I liked the way the rifle balanced. Best of all, the only group I shot with it it was a hair over 1/2." This one was chambered in .270 and we were shooting remington corelokt ammo. It actually outshot my .308 by a bit that I was feeding handloads to.

Quick Reply: Tikka T3 Rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.